Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

This is a discussion on Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year? within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; Is it illegal for an 18 year old to \"date\" with no sexual contact at all a 15 year old?...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

Is it illegal for an 18 year old to \"date\" with no sexual contact at all a 15 year old?
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #2
Top Level Member
sunlover's Flag is: United States

Default re: Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

There are no laws that restrict "dating" its when the dates involve sex, sexual contact, chat, talk etc that they become illegal. The state this is happening in is also important. Even more important is approval from 15 year olds parents. No matter what state laws says if parents forbid contact thats it its over
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it illegal for an 18 year old to \"date\" with no sexual contact at all a 15 year old?
no its not illegal.but if the parents tell the adult to stop having contact with their minor child, then all contact better cease, or the parents can cause the 18 yr old a lot of problems.

Old Feb 28th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #4
Top Level Member
130smartchick's Flag is: United States

What the OP fails to state here (but did state on other sites where he didn't like the answers he got) is that he's in Florida and the girls mom and dad have forbidden contact.

If he continues he could be in for a world of hurt. Interfering with the custody of a minor; corrupting the morals of a minor; he could wind up listed for the rest of his life on the sex offender registry as a pedophile.

Then there's the dad factor. Dad finds out and OP may *wish* he was in jail.

Can you sue? Absolutely. Can you win? There's the rub!
130smartchick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #5
Taylor101

EEK! re: Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

hi, im a 15 year old girl and is madly in love with an 18 year old, him and i have known eachother for a few months. i told my mother and father about him and i dating and they demanded me to brake it off. months later we are great friends but we still love eachother. i am mature for my age i know many young human beings on here are saying that, so please, believe them. i am an honor student at my high school and my wish to be is not as smart shall i say. mothers that are single or father that have this probably with an younger or older daughter/son should be friendly and talk things out. rather then be like my parents. my wish to be and i have tried to date others. when him and i broke up we sneaked around but sense my school is small we had to break it off. people at my little town know everything. parents need to know their own children and what they like. please do understand that we might look and are young, but we do have a brain. and we use it. in a mature way or immature way. you cant take what us (young teens and old teens) have in our hearts, we (teens) can push it back in our hearts, but its always there. forever. remember that, parents. you need to know your own children, and you need to understand. but remember that if you do have any sexual contact with him/her then it is considered "rape" and he can you can get into big trouble. ^.^

Old May 8th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #6
Unregistered

The first thing your school should teach you is how to write sentences properly.

Secondly, you are just like the majority of teens who clearly do not understand the LEGALITY of it. 15 year olds, regardless of how mature they THINK they are, are still LEGAL MINORS. That is the long and short of it.

On a side note, it's quite sad that your wish is to be LESS smart than you are.

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #7
Unregistered

EEK! Re: Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

I believe it should be, i am 15 about to be 16 in 4 months, and my boyfriend who i have been with for a while will turn 19 in 5 months. It should be legal, as in a 3 year age diffrence, and people are stupid setting laws like that. Not everybody obeys the laws. Yes we may be young and "Stupid" as some really stupid people say, but we have a brain. My grandparents (whom i live with) allow this relationship, as long as i pass in school and stay out of trouble. My mother is a law attorney and says it is legal.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #8
Top Level Member
goddessoflubboc's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

I imagine if you were to turn up pregnant your mom would find that statute quickly.

You don't realize how little you knew at 15 until you are 20, and so on until 30.

Yes, you have a brain now put it to good use. Do a little research on how much development you still must undergo, until you are about 22.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #9
Unregistered

Hi.. I'm 15 years old and I'm about to turn 16. (I'm not the same girl who can't type.)
The boy I'm currently having feelings for is 18. His feelings are the same for me and I don't know what to do.
I already understand that we can't have sex or come in sexual contact. (touching of the intimate parts)
Should I try to come to an agreement to "wait for him" or just move on..
Neither of us can carry on without any sexual contact if the relationship becomes serious.

What do I do? :|

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #10
Unregistered

hey im a 15 year old girl and i turn 16 and my boyfriend is 17 turning 18 and i gonna stay with him

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 103 replies and has been viewed 109133 times