Class H felony in North Carolina?

This is a discussion on Class H felony in North Carolina? within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; State: North Carolina What is a class H felony in North Carolina??? What would being convicted and sentenced for \"Obtaining ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Class H felony in North Carolina?

State: North Carolina

What is a class H felony in North Carolina??? What would being convicted and sentenced for \"Obtaining Property by False Pretences mean???
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Unregistered

Thumbs Down re: Class H felony in North Carolina?

Its hard to say I traded my car back in the 90s for some crack then took it back from the dealers and they had me arrested and won in court for obtaining property on false pretense I served 8months in prison.
No guns, voting,,jury duty. no job or very low income. Very hard to live.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: Class H felony in North Carolina?

I'm no lawyer and don't need one, but it's my understanding that Class H could mean a number of things with obtaining property under false pretenses being only one. It also means a plethora of larcenies of usually greater than a thousand dollars, but under a hundred thousand dollars. Some minor sexual offenses fall under this category as well. People make mistakes, but one of any felonious nature should absolutely have consequences including revocation of ones right to bear arms, vote and hold many public offices... If you've had a drug problem in the past, how does one know you won't have one in the future?? I'm no saint, but I know right from wrong. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to now it's AGAINST THE LAW to do drugs, steal, etc... Criminals have many more rights than their victims, mainly being afforded a defense attorney that usually gets their crimes reduced to the point that the criminal feels they're invincible. If you commit a crime, there SHOULD be life-long consequences, otherwise, why not just go out and do it again?? "nobody's gonna do anything other than slap my wrist". If you KNOW there are 'rights' that are going to be taken away from you, IE, voting, bearing arms, holding public office, etc., maybe the criminal will think twice about doing the crime in the first place.

Old Sep 21st, 2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm no lawyer and don't need one, but it's my understanding that Class H could mean a number of things with obtaining property under false pretenses being only one. It also means a plethora of larcenies of usually greater than a thousand dollars, but under a hundred thousand dollars. Some minor sexual offenses fall under this category as well. People make mistakes, but one of any felonious nature should absolutely have consequences including revocation of ones right to bear arms, vote and hold many public offices... If you've had a drug problem in the past, how does one know you won't have one in the future?? I'm no saint, but I know right from wrong. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to now it's AGAINST THE LAW to do drugs, steal, etc... Criminals have many more rights than their victims, mainly being afforded a defense attorney that usually gets their crimes reduced to the point that the criminal feels they're invincible. If you commit a crime, there SHOULD be life-long consequences, otherwise, why not just go out and do it again?? "nobody's gonna do anything other than slap my wrist". If you KNOW there are 'rights' that are going to be taken away from you, IE, voting, bearing arms, holding public office, etc., maybe the criminal will think twice about doing the crime in the first place.
Let's be real for a moment. Is there many people that can honestly say the have never committed a crime? The majority just don't get caught. Have u ever left a dinner party and drove home after 2 glasses of wine? Have u ever wrote a check knowing the money was not in your account...and the scrambled to put money in to cover it? Have u ever logged into an e-mail account that was not yours? All and many more posssible felonies. Get off your high horse and get real! A stupid choice when you are young and stupid should not eradicate your potential for success for the rest of your life.

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #5
Unregistered

Ok, that is a very judgemental comment sir. though I agree that someone who deliberately chooses to break the law knowing their consequenses should go ahead and keep the consequenses they chose. But there are people in certain circumstances not everyone understands, and they make mistakes. I personally am a good citizen, I'm an honest person with integrity and morals, a missionary to foreign countries, I work hard and honor my word. I once left a company where I had seniority, making 35K+/year, because the company was becoming shady and compromized on proper ethics standards regularily. When I found out, I presented my findings to the ownership, they offered me a promotion to shut me up! I declined, and tendered my resignation. I have zero enemies and I work hard for what I have. I've even given a very nice car to a person because they needed one desperately. And I only had my company vehicle. (The one that went away with the job I lost) I do not have a degree and have done everything on my own and with the support of my family and friends...but when I was 17 (I'm 30 now) I made a stupid decision and followed some co-workers and slipped some money out of the cash register and got caught for it. I was given a "slap on the hand" and paid over $1000 in restitution, 100hrs community service, and a year of probabation visits. I still have a felony on my record 13 years later. Did I do wrong? Yes. Did I deserve my punishment that I got? Yes. Do I deserve the record I have right now? No, I don't think I do. Not everyone who technically breaks a law deserves a lifetime of turmoil and grief just because they broke one law. And by no means does getting a "slap on the wrist" directly enable someone to live a lifetime of crime. Some people do actually make mistakes. I'm not advocating breaking the law in any way, I broke the law once and learned my lesson. Some people don't learn, that's why they're in prison. But for those who make mistakes, and learn from it and don't repeat it, you're saying they don't deserve forgiveness and a clean slate? I hope you expect the same treatment for every one of your misjudgements...make sure you judge others in the exact same way you expect to be judged yourself...
Quote:

Old Mar 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #6
Unregistered

Default Re: Class H felony in North Carolina?

I have two felony's for selling drugs when I was a teenager. STUPID! Why yes, but I am now 30 years old with a beautiful wife and two children. I have a job as a Service Manager and make around 35k a year. I don't really like the job I have and I'm very smart but fear that if I leave I will never find employment again due to the stupid mistakes I made as a CHILD. I think there need's to be a law in place that states if you stay clean for 10 years you can have your record erased. You may think this is crazy, but just think about how many good employees out there that cant find work in this economy because of mistakes they made at some point in their life. Staying clean for ten years would definitely prove you are NOT a career criminal.

We need to stand up and fight for this law! There are to many people out there like myself and others that have commented here that deserve a better life for ourselves and out families.

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Big cheez

Quote:
Look your not perfect and we all make mistakes. I made mine when I was seventeen and its been effecting my life ever since. I make around sixty to seventy thousand a year. But for me to have to be effected by my past fourteen years later is non since. My friend stole this guys watch at a party I left with him and the next day I found the guy and gave the guy his watch back. He wanted to drop the charges but the state of North Carolina had already picked up the case and since I came with him and left with him I was charged right along with him. So for you to pass judgement on people when innocent people are sentenced everyday just goes to show what type of person you are. We have over 2.3 million people in prison and let me guess you don't know any of em.

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm no lawyer .
then stop talking.

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #9
Unregistered

This is all much about morals and nearly nothing about class H felony in NC.
As far as I understand and found out in my Dictionary of financial, legal and commercial terms, a felony always means a capital crime of a seriosity punishable resp. worth/neccessary to get punished by inprisonment. That's why I wanted to find out, what qualifies a felony to get classed with NC class H.

In Switzerland, if ever, a nip slip could get sued as a petty police offense, never as a felony.
In my oppinion, as a Swiss lawyer, NC HB39, is gender discriminating and hence against human rights and against our Federal Constitution. Even a 60 days imprisonment, not to speak of 6 months, would also infringe the principle of proportionality of the damage caused by an illicit act and the usefulness of the punishment for the public as well as the harm the punishment causes to the sentenced person and his/her family as well.

A nip slip cannot do any real harm and no irreparable damage to anybody and anything. The law should not get abused to enforce unjustifiable intolerance of some idiosyncratic moralists and ideologists. Law should reconcile not cause conflicts and disputes. Law cannot and must not protect everyone from what s/he doesn't like, can't bear etc. Law is no Kindergarten and can't be one.

Old Jun 1st, 2013, 03:19 PM   #10
unregistered

A class system shouldn't be. A class H is one of the lowest possible felonies, and used to abuse citizens all the time in court. I know. I face the threat of being charged with a class H felony since I will not roll over and lie for the DA. Yes it is the lowest, and class A is the highest. This is a ridiculous play of justice.

I grew up as an American citizen believing the courts were supposed to protect our rights as citizens. Of course I have found this to be absolutely not the case. I was raised as an American citizen to believe that this is how it always is. I am like the second poster. I believed that this was always the case. I believed all that our government spilled to us. I believed them fully. I was even judgmental like that person. I judged people who were convicted. I will say I was wrong to do this. I was very wrong.

I am completely disgusted with what is considered justice in America. I am disgusted. There is nothing that is right about it. There is nothing adhering to morality. It is horrible! I am the survivor of all forms of abuse for many many years. I could not get out, because this justice system let me down. I told the truth always, and now am left with the hard decision. Fight for my rights or protect my child from more abuse. The system offers no way to do both. Even if it wouldn't be so difficult for them to do. They do it because it is easier to break their own laws and do what they want. Than to seek real justice.

Sadly they have made our nation unable to fix itself. By creating items like this class A - Z felonies. Making most of our knowledgeable population unable to assist with their first hand knowledge. These classes should be absolved completely, and our justice system completely overhauled. The government officials who fail the victims should be the ones to answer for their failure to protect, and not the victims themselves. Keep in mind I have never committed a crime in my life. I have never been in a court in my life. I have never been convicted with a crime. I was just like the ignorant above, and now I know. Since I have seen the corruption of our system.

It isn't right, and it does need fixed! Those who have never been there. Either for their own act, or to cover up the failure of detectives so by accident. It is time to stop being sheep. It is time to stop being ignorant. It is time we stand up and take care of our fellow neighbors and people the right way.

Signed
Suffering to corrupt justice in NC

Bookmark & Share

Tags
false pretences, felony, north carolina, obtaining property

This thread has 14 replies and has been viewed 18802 times