Definition of Molestation

This is a discussion on Definition of Molestation within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; I am trying to find out if the legal Louisiana definition of molestation includes a male adult touching a 13-year-old's ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 04:53 PM   #1

Default Definition of Molestation

I am trying to find out if the legal Louisiana definition of molestation includes a male adult touching a 13-year-old's bare breasts underneath her clothing, or is it legally called 'inappropriate touching'?

I am inquiring because I have written/published a book which states that my father 'molested' me and was told by my family that I am not correct in using the word 'molestation' because in Louisiana it's called 'inappropriate touching.'

I need to know where I legally stand, as I do not wish to have a legal issue.

I have looked it up to the best of my ability, but cannot find a direct reference to a child's breasts - only that it includes lewd and lascivious acts against a child.

It was stated that only the touching of a girl's genitals in Louisiana is considered "molestation."

If there is a legal reference that you can point me to, that would also be of help. I have run out of places to look.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
emdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #2

Default Re: Definition of Molestation

surely if that is not molestation then what? ''Inappropriate touching'' is coined to escape the law by the offenders!! But are you sure your father touched your chest with bad intention?? If so that was 100 assault on you!

here is definition of molest ,,,,,

molest
Verb
1. to accost or attack someone, esp. a woman or child with the intention of assaulting her or him sexually
2. to disturb or injure, esp. by using or threatening violence: killing, capturing, or molesting the local wildlife was strictly forbidden [Latin molestare to annoy]
mazBut is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 09:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazBut View Post
surely if that is not molestation then what? ''Inappropriate touching'' is coined to escape the law by the offenders!! But are you sure your father touched your chest with bad intention?? If so that was 100 assault on you!

here is definition of molest ,,,,,

molest
Verb
1. to accost or attack someone, esp. a woman or child with the intention of assaulting her or him sexually
2. to disturb or injure, esp. by using or threatening violence: killing, capturing, or molesting the local wildlife was strictly forbidden [Latin molestare to annoy]
Yes, he touched it with bad intention. I was almost asleep and he reached beneath my clothing and was fondling my breasts. I called it 'molestation.' He told my family it was just inappropriate touching. I said that whatever the legal definition was, the act was still wrong.

Still, for legal purposes, I really need to make sure I am not saying something legally untrue.

Thank you for your response - nice to meet you.
emdavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 11th, 2009, 05:28 AM   #4

nice to meet you too

the first definition above confirms the truth of your saying,,,
you were MOLESTED!
mazBut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:50 AM   #5
Anonymous

You were molested. No doubt about it as God is my witness. Man wrote the laws; man is not perfect and therefore all knowledgeable. I understand your concern legally, but deep down you know you were molested and it was inappropriate. Your father probably molested others even you before the incident of you waking up. The more you and others slept the farther he went until someone stirred out of their sleep. I molested a boy I was babysitting when I was 18 and he was 12. Thank God I did not continue into my adulthood. I was molested when I was 6 or 7, can't remember how old I was because I never told anyone until that man died which was almost 20 years later. Hope this helps. You do not have to go by Louisana law. Your family is in denial as some of mine still are over my molestation. Many loved that man. They want to minimize it and probably have never been victims themselves. May this truth set you free. Your wording is 100% correct - don't fold to the minimizers and ignorrant.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:04 AM   #6
Unregistered

I just thought of something else. Are you bringing legal charges against him now? I have no idea what the statue of limitations are. If that is the case he will be charged with whatever aligns with the law. If your book states that he should have been legally charged with "molestation" and no charges were brought against him when this happened then I could see where family disagrees if the Louisana law considers that act inappropriate touching. But if you only stated that he molested you and did not address what he should have been charged with - that is black and white and no in between. Even if you wrote he molested and should have been charged would be ok too as long as you did not mention "charged with molestation". Check out the Louisana law and go from there if you said "charged with molestation". Has the book been published yet? You could always ad a footnote or change the wording.

Old Aug 26th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #7
help9+8+978979+7

Confused Re: Definition of Molestation

I am confused about if i would be considered as someone who was molested..... this is what happened

well long story short he was drunk and he held me by the waist and rubbed his hand up and down my side and arms and when i would try to wiggle loose he would just hold me tighter and closer to his body, i felt realy uncomortable and told my parents but we never really sat down and talked if i was realy actually molested or not

i know this isnt as serious as being raped or touched in an inapropriate place its just that now i dont see guys like i used to, older men freak me out at times and every guy is a weirdo to me, im just scared that some day someone could do something way worse

i was 13 the man was around 30

Old Oct 31st, 2010, 09:04 AM   #8
Unregistered

I believe you were molested, my daughter was 10 when my husbands friend 38 massaged her shoulders at a wedding in a room by themselves when she had on a stapless dress. The man had ill intentions with you when he would not let you go as my husbands ex-friend had with my daughter and I feel that it is molestation, I know in my heart with out situation if we had chosen to keep him as a family friend it would have progressed to worse things. I believe it would have for you as well. Take Care

Old Jun 13th, 2014, 09:28 PM   #9
Rajeev M

Default Definition of Molestation

Reply:
Molestation, is forcing undesired sexual behavior by one person upon another. When that force is immediate, of short duration, or infrequent, it is called sexual assault. The offender is referred to as a sexual abuser

I am trying to find out if the legal Louisiana definition of molestation includes a male adult touching a 13-year-old's bare breasts underneath her clothing, or is it legally called 'inappropriate touching'?
I am inquiring because I have written/published a book which states that my father 'molested' me and was told by my family that I am not correct in using the word 'molestation' because in Louisiana it's called 'inappropriate touching.'
I need to know where I legally stand, as I do not wish to have a legal issue.
I have looked it up to the best of my ability, but cannot find a direct reference to a child's breasts - only that it includes lewd and lascivious acts against a child.
It was stated that only the touching of a girl's genitals in Louisiana is considered "molestation."
If there is a legal reference that you can point me to, that would also be of help. I have run out of places to look.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 7457 times