Home Improvement Project Visa from Wells Fargo, interest charges

This is a discussion on Home Improvement Project Visa from Wells Fargo, interest charges within the Credit Cards, Banking, Securities forum, part of the Other Business & Finance Law Issues category; I used a Home Improvement Project Visa from Wells Fargo to finance my deck and fence. The offer I signed ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Home Improvement Project Visa from Wells Fargo, interest charges

I used a Home Improvement Project Visa from Wells Fargo to finance my deck and fence. The offer I signed was a 6 month no interest option. At the end of my 6 months I transferred the balance of the card to another lower interest credit card. Wells Fargo charged me 6 months worth of interest and finance charges at 27% totaling an additional $1,000.00 because I missed my 6 month payoff date by a couple of weeks. I expected to pay interest on the money for the couple weeks I missed but they back charged me for the whole 6 months. That clause was not in the agreement I signed nor was that ridiculous interest rate. No one informed me that I would be responsible for 6 months of interest and fee's at the time I signed up for the loan. I refuse to pay the additional amount and wish to know my legal options and I seek representation in this matter.
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Home Improvement Project Visa from Wells Fargo, interest charges

I wish to inform you that interest can only be charged as per contract. If your contract provides that you will not be liable for interest then you will not be required to pay interest. Further, in this the terms that if you are late then you may be charged interest and from which period you will be liable is also governed by your contract. In case the contract is silent then you may be made to pay interest for the delay but not for the original period of six months as for the original period of six months it was agreed that there will be no interest. You can also speak to the customer service of Wells Fargo to resolve the problem.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Home Improvement Project Visa from Wells Fargo, interest charges

You're either a liar or an idiot. Read the fine print.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 7475 times