If the trademark name is registered in Europe can I register it in the US?

This is a discussion on If the trademark name is registered in Europe can I register it in the US? within the Copyright, Trademark, Patent forum, part of the INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & INTERNET LAW category; Is there a way to find out if the trademark name is registered in Europe? And if it is, could ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default If the trademark name is registered in Europe can I register it in the US?

Is there a way to find out if the trademark name is registered in Europe?
And if it is, could the company in the US register it in the US without any potential legal issues?
Thank you,
Anna
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: If the trademark name is registered in Europe can I register it in the US?

And if it is, could the company in the US register it in the US without any potential legal issues?
Thank you,

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Franklin's Flag is: United States

Default Re: If the trademark name is registered in Europe can I register it in the US?

It seems to me that they couldn't do that. You would have to check further to see if the trademark that's in Europe is also in the U.S.
Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1041 times