FICO Copyright infringement

This is a discussion on FICO Copyright infringement within the Copyright, Trademark, Patent forum, part of the INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & INTERNET LAW category; I own a domain name, http://www.xyzfico.com . I just started business with this name (obviously xyz is not the first ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #1

Default FICO Copyright infringement

I own a domain name, http://www.xyzfico.com. I just started business with this name (obviously xyz is not the first part). My business is to repair credit and i have this website running online. Today i got an email from FICO vice president, she is asking me to immediately stop this activity, shut down the website and change business name, because it contains FICO word in there. Now i have a concern, if my business name is XYZFico, and not all uppercase, as FICO (All upper case) is registered to Fair Isaac Corporation. I dont want to change the name of my business, but this email has really made me nervous. I am just a college student, and trying to start little busines shere. What should i do next?
bholabhala is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share