WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > BUSINESS & FINANCE LAW > Consumer Complaints > Auto repair place damaged my car and wont repair, release or reimburse rental expense

Auto repair place damaged my car and wont repair, release or reimburse rental expense

This is a discussion on Auto repair place damaged my car and wont repair, release or reimburse rental expense within the Consumer Complaints forum, part of the BUSINESS & FINANCE LAW category; In late November 2011, I took my car to Aamco Transmission in NE Washington DC for repair. I went for ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Fedboyscout's Flag is: United States

Confused Auto repair place damaged my car and wont repair, release or reimburse rental expense

In late November 2011, I took my car to Aamco Transmission in NE Washington DC for repair. I went for 3.5 weeks w/o a car and had to borrow vehicles from friends or rent a car before HQ told them to pay me for rental. The repair shop agreed to reimburse me rental expenses and also said that I'd owe nothing for repairs since they've had my car for so long. Its now July 2012 and they still have my car and owe me $5,300 or so in car rental fees and because they messed up my car its also not driveable and wont release it I had to buy another car for transportation. Not to mention the fact that the first time they returned my car to me they caused a massive oil leak and I had to take to another auto shop to have them repair it for $900. They ignore letters to act & give me the runaround every time I call. Thy originally told me that they were going to tow it to a dealership for repair and they'd pay for it but never did. I just want my car returned to me in the same condition as it was when I took it to them for repair. I want them to have it towed to dealership and repaired as promised in addition to have them reimburse me for rental car expenses.

This is beyond small claims court, what can i do?
Fedboyscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 10:00 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Auto repair place damaged my car and wont repair, release or reimburse rental exp

I wish to inform you that auto repair place can be held liable for your loss because of their negligence. In this regard you can give notice demanding amount due and if auto repair shop fails to pay you then lawsuit can be filed. In lawsuit you will need documents which show amount spent and that repair was defective therefore you can obtain written opinion from some person having expert knowledge of vehicles.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Smile Re: Auto repair place damaged my car and wont repair, release or reimburse rental exp

Aamco Transmission shops are franchise operations and you may have some luck contacting their corporate office for bad reviews and reports against one shop hurt them all and therefore, the franchise.

Their corporate address is:
201 Gibraltar Rd.
Horsham, PA, United States 215-643-5885
AAMCO - The Experts in Transmissions, Car A/C, Brakes Service, Tune-Ups & Total Car Care

This is the type of situation that sometimes consumer advocates can assist with (think bad publicity again). If you have a "Help Me Howard" in D.C. area connected with one of the TV network stations, I would try there, too. Consumer Advocates can sometimes work wonders when one has problems one on one with a business for not only is it a stranger's voice but those who are connected with TV stations and the press have the heavy hammer of publicity to add to the weight of their advocacy for you. And they do not cost a filing fee, either (
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 06:06 AM   #4
Fedboyscout's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Auto repair place damaged my car and wont repair, release or reimburse rental exp

I attempted to reach out to headquarters but all they do is give me the run around and say they're waiting for parts, or some other mess. I'm currently looking for local news reporters that might look into the situation. Im just not sure what they call their consumer advocate news department here in DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend In Court View Post
Aamco Transmission shops are franchise operations and you may have some luck contacting their corporate office for bad reviews and reports against one shop hurt them all and therefore, the franchise.

Their corporate address is:
201 Gibraltar Rd.
Horsham, PA, United States 215-643-5885
AAMCO - The Experts in Transmissions, Car A/C, Brakes Service, Tune-Ups & Total Car Care

This is the type of situation that sometimes consumer advocates can assist with (think bad publicity again). If you have a "Help Me Howard" in D.C. area connected with one of the TV network stations, I would try there, too. Consumer Advocates can sometimes work wonders when one has problems one on one with a business for not only is it a stranger's voice but those who are connected with TV stations and the press have the heavy hammer of publicity to add to the weight of their advocacy for you. And they do not cost a filing fee, either (
Fedboyscout is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2013, 05:58 AM   #5
Banned User
aydinandrew021's Flag is: Canada

You got to show the period that your vehicle was with them and also the defects caused by them, and you can file, and you would seek help from some automotive lawyers. You should produce the evidence for the cases.
aydinandrew021 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Since you are in the D.C. area you are close to some active, effective consumer rights organizations;

The Office of Attorney General, 441 - 4th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 12th St. NW, Washington, D.C., 20554 , their email oag@dc.gov. and one may also file a complaint online, phone (202) 442-9828.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 2286 times