WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Class Actions & Defective Products > Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay's Practice of Resolving Disputes in Favor of Buyer

Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay's Practice of Resolving Disputes in Favor of Buyer

This is a discussion on Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay's Practice of Resolving Disputes in Favor of Buyer within the Class Actions & Defective Products forum, part of the ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE category; Dear lawyers of World Law Direct: Is there a chance to file class action lawsuit against Ebay's practice of resolving ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #1
classActionSuit's Flag is: United States

Default Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay's Practice of Resolving Disputes in Favor of Buyer

Dear lawyers of World Law Direct:
Is there a chance to file class action lawsuit against Ebay's practice of resolving disputes between buyer and seller? Ebay's dispute resolution workflow is designed in favor of buyer and at the same time still collects fees from seller. There are many sellers from different forums will be happy to join the lawsuit, we need a law firm that will take the initiative of filing.
Thank you for your time and looking forward to hear from you.
classActionSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #2
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay's Practice of Resolving Disputes in Favor of Bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by classActionSuit View Post
Is there a chance to file class action lawsuit against Ebay's practice of resolving disputes between buyer and seller? Ebay's dispute resolution workflow is designed in favor of buyer and at the same time still collects fees from seller. There are many sellers from different forums will be happy to join the lawsuit, we need a law firm that will take the initiative of filing.
The contributors to our forums are mostly laypersons, and not attorneys.

WORLD Law Direct would be happy to consider your request. Please forward any relevant information to us at info@worldlawdirect.com.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #3
Sax
Veteran Member
Sax's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebay's Practice of Resolving Disputes in Favor of Bu

Quote:
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]I donít see how such a legal endeavor/vendetta could possible meet the prerequisites. Particularly the requirement that the factual issues and claims and defenses of the parties sought to be represented would be common to all members of the class. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Other than that their individual claims have been denied, how could it be established that the individual claims of the parties to be represented are typical of the class.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Furthermore, how could the individual claims and defenses of the sellers, who would be the real parties to be affected, be adequately represented much less adjudicated?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Before trying to launch such a process, I suggest that you read Section 23 of the FRCP[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
Sax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Sorry for the above scrambled text, but my efforts to edit were denied - twice!

Old Dec 7th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Unregistered

ebay's user agreements states they have no involvement in the transactions. Therefore, they have no authority to issue unilateral, arbitrary refunds. Especially sight unseen, and without any recourse for the seller.

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ebay's user agreements states they have no involvement in the transactions. Therefore, they have no authority to issue unilateral, arbitrary refunds. Especially sight unseen, and without any recourse for the seller.
Having been on both sides on eBay, both buyer and seller, and have participated in a few disputed transactions, I personally cannot say that disputes are unilaterally nor always decided in favor of the buyer.

Before launching any kind of large scale, broad class action type suit, one needs to have the numbers and facts.
\
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 27th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #7
Unregistered

How about EBay's regular practice of holding back funds of sellers who are stellar but fail to meet their ridiculous, stringent and definitely lawyer bought standards. My feedback has been 95 - 99% positive for the last 2 quarters yet ebay always finds their little loophole to hold my money. WHO IS GAINING INTEREST ON THIS MONEY WHILE THEY HOLD IT? It is disgusting what they get away with and I am willing to work TIRELESSLY and devote 100% of my time to sue them.

Old Dec 30th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #8
Unregistered

I too would love to join a lawsuit. I was scammed by a buyer (one of the many) & learned the hard way why NOT to sell anything to anyone from Russia. The buyer has been flagged multiple times, its clear by looking at his feedback of sellers that he frequently claims "not received," yet there are still victims of his conduct. He admitted to receiving the item (in his feedback for me) & then proceeded to "report" as not received. I cannot sell, my husband cannot sell, even my former roommate was banned - because of this scum bag. They refunded him (multiple times) for many items that he didn't receive, some on consecutive days - and he's still a buyer.

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 07:34 PM   #9
Unregistered

If there is ever a class action suit against ebay I'm on board. From their injustice to sellers, to the way they rate and conveniently hold back funds to the way they let buyers get away with murder. I can go on and on. I know that if an attorney ever takes on the extraordinary task of filing a lawsuit, he/she will have millions of supporters. Myself first in line.

Old Jan 9th, 2014, 10:13 PM   #10
crystal3578's Flag is: United States

I'm ready, I'll be the poster child for the law suit, all we need is an attorney and I know we can win, I'm looking now for anyone ready to take this case.
crystal3578 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 68 replies and has been viewed 9441 times