Class Action Lawsuit Western Union

This is a discussion on Class Action Lawsuit Western Union within the Class Actions & Defective Products forum, part of the ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE category; Can anyone tell me if there is a class action lawsuit filed against Western Union on pre-advanced fees on a ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 06:14 PM   #1
tulanegirl's Flag is: United States

Default Class Action Lawsuit Western Union

Can anyone tell me if there is a class action lawsuit filed against Western Union on pre-advanced fees on a loan that was never received.? I would like to be included if there is one. Western Union should be sited for negligence because there are people that are accepting money and Western Union does not know who these people are that are taking money from innocent people. Thanks
tulanegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Class Action Lawsuit Western Union

I wish to inform you that first you may contact the Manager, Customer Advocate Department, Western Union by email or telephone and discuss the matter. If the matter is not resolved then you may contact the Attorney General of your state and the FTC. Alternatively, you may file a lawsuit. The burden of proof will be on you to show that Western Union was negligent in the handling of your monetary transaction. The Court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM   #3
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulanegirl View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a class action lawsuit filed against Western Union on pre-advanced fees on a loan that was never received.? I would like to be included if there is one. Western Union should be sited for negligence because there are people that are accepting money and Western Union does not know who these people are that are taking money from innocent people. Thanks
Western Union is only the agent who handles the transfer of funds. If the other party who promised you the loan never sent you the money, it's not WU's fault. WU would only be liable if they actually received the funds to send to you, and they didn't do it.

Sounds like you were scammed, especially when they demanded "upfront fees" for a loan you never received. Happens all the time. Can't sue WU for something that isn't their fault, sorry.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #4
davidhain's Flag is: Canada

Western Union is famous for its faultless services for the last few years through out the world. Please go through the terms and guidelines by the company before making the move.If they have clarified about the fee in their terms you are not supposed to file the against. But if not, you can always opt for a class action lawyer in consumer protection.
davidhain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 27th, 2014, 12:19 PM   #5
Unregistered

What can i do if somebody else pick up my money from western union? Is about 1500 and they told me is nothing they can do about this...i paid 37 for fees and they don't care about what is happen,they just told me that my mone we're picked up from Luton,and to protect themselves from something more bad,the don't want to provide me the adress from where my mone we're taken.....

Old Apr 27th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #6
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

There are insecure transfer protocols used in the transfer of money. You agree to hold them blameless, when the insecurity results in your transfer being stolen.

Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is online now   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 2315 times