WORLD Law Direct Forums

WORLD Law Direct Forums (http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/)
-   Class Actions & Defective Products (http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/class-actions-defective-products/)
-   -   Refund: I work from home doing eyelashes extensions (http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/class-actions-defective-products/52753-refund-i-work-home-doing-eyelashes-extensions.html)

pabisie1 Jun 14th, 2011 03:36 AM

Refund: I work from home doing eyelashes extensions

I am not sure if i posted it in the right thing, but so I work from home doing eyelashes extensions. People come into my house and pay 30 euro to get them done on my facebook page i have notes about information about them, and also on general page i say they last UP TO two months.
This girl made an appointment before and come, closed it an hour before the appointment, then she made it again, i done her eyelashes she paid me, after around month she mailed me if she can get them refilled (on friday) i said yes thats ok i will take you on wednesday, and refills are free. Next thing on (monday) she mailed me saying: I have taken my eyelshes of by oil, i lost alot of mine own, and i want the refund the eyelashes didnt least for two months. But she had them worn for about a month also i gave her posibility to gettin them filled in for free. She pulled them off by taking them of and blamed me, now said she wants the refund because she is entitle to one, but isnt it her misreading the information? Also she said if i dont give her refund she will go with it to small court. What will i do? Should i give her refund?

AFFA Jun 14th, 2011 04:20 AM

Re: Refund: I work from home doing eyelashes extensions

I wish to inform you that you may not be liable to refund. In this regard you can inform your client that you have performed all your functions as per contract and with proper care. You may be liable for refund if you had not performed your functions or not take care. In this regard as you were not negligent nor you have breached the contract you cannot be held liable. You may inform other party in writing that you are not at fault in writing so that you can have evidence in court to show that suit is frivolous.

AFF

pabisie1 Jun 14th, 2011 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFFA (Post 221028)
I wish to inform you that you may not be liable to refund. In this regard you can inform your client that you have performed all your functions as per contract and with proper care. You may be liable for refund if you had not performed your functions or not take care. In this regard as you were not negligent nor you have breached the contract you cannot be held liable. You may inform other party in writing that you are not at fault in writing so that you can have evidence in court to show that suit is frivolous.

AFF

So what should i tell the person? What exactly law covers me from giving her refund?
Plus if she didnt attempt to an appointment should legally pay me even if she didnt come?

Thanks for the help

Friend In Court Jun 16th, 2011 01:59 PM

She took them off, they did not fall off. Let her sue. The judge might be amused. But I doubt he (or she) would rule in her favor.

santiagodmerric Jun 19th, 2011 06:57 PM

You have already done your part and after a couple of days she would say that she wants a refund from you? Oh! That's horrible!

lunchbox Jun 23rd, 2011 01:06 PM

There is no neglect in your part considering that you made all the limitations and guidelines about the service your are rendering. I do suggest though that next time, you can opt to have your customers read a printed disclaimer instead of just referencing it to your Facebook page.