Neighbor is stalking and harassing us

This is a discussion on Neighbor is stalking and harassing us within the Civil Litigation forum, part of the ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION category; Our neighbor, who is my boyfriends cousin has been stalking and harassing us for about 2 years now 24-7. The ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 05:11 PM   #1

Default Neighbor is stalking and harassing us

Our neighbor, who is my boyfriends cousin has been stalking and harassing us for about 2 years now 24-7. The town and police dept are in his back pocket, he is a good old boy. He has done everything trying to shut down our outdoor wood burning furnance that heats our house. We have had the DEP here many times watching it and everytime they can not find anything wrong, this guy will go down to the town hall and the police dept every day to complain, now he is spreading rumors about us and that are wood burning stove is destroying the grass and air, but he runs all his equipment, which is Deisel. He has told others around town not to sell us wood and follows my boyfriend where ever he goes. my boyfriend is a landscaper. We have a dirt road and fence between properties and he will go back and forth to see if the furnace is running, shinning light up at it when its dark out to see if its running, There is alot going on here that to long to write, this has been going on for a very long time, please help with any suggestions or advice on what we should do to get help, the town and police dept are not there for us but is always there for him. This guy does what he wants and doesn't get in trouble for it, there was one instance that happened which I can't say, it was another lie about us but got shoved under the table so to speak, because he is a good old boy. Thanks
planelady61208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member
judg4's Flag is: United States

Default re: Neighbor is stalking and harassing us

You could seek a no-contact or restraining order to prevent him from having any contact with you if he does something illegal or menacing or truly threatening. But just complaining a great deal is normally not legally enough to take any legal action.

If you can show he has crossed the line into illegal behavior or trespassed etc. you may indeed get a restraining order. That would at least keep him out of your sight.

Even the threat of that may cause to him to back off slightly.
judg4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 07:48 PM   #3
Unregistered

Lightbulb re: Neighbor is stalking and harassing us

Her in the UK we have what people refer to as an "Anti-stalking law" called The Protection from Harassment Act 1997. This means that it is an offence to carry out actions which are intended to cause harassment.
As I recall the idea, if not the wording, was copied from several US statutes. You should check whether or not the jurisdiction you live in has a similar law.EtQ452

Old Jul 5th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #4
Realist101's Flag is: United States

Unhappy Re: Neighbor is stalking and harassing us

Dear Planelady...your situation is so similar to ours, it's uncanny. What state do you live in? We have several neighbors who use fireworks, and things that explode, causing the floors of our house to vibrate and when we call about it, are told it's just fireworks and it's legal. And even planes are used to circle and roar overhead. We used to love planes until this started. We have horses and a dog who are terrified all the time, not to mention we can't sleep or relax in our own house. This all started when I complained about a cop. So, of course, it goes on and on and ON. EVERYwhere we try to live this starts. And we've had four or five houses since my complaint in 2007. They arrested our son on false charges, (Now he's 24 and no job, friends, etc...ruined), ... we tried to sue the county, etc, and a dishonest attorney derailed our case for us. Wonder who paid him off? I'm sharing this so you'll know you're not alone in being tormented. Hang in there?
Realist101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 5th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #5
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Neighbor is stalking and harassing us

I suggest you buy a house with a tin foil roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist101 View Post
Dear Planelady...your situation is so similar to ours, it's uncanny. What state do you live in? We have several neighbors who use fireworks, and things that explode, causing the floors of our house to vibrate and when we call about it, are told it's just fireworks and it's legal. And even planes are used to circle and roar overhead. We used to love planes until this started. We have horses and a dog who are terrified all the time, not to mention we can't sleep or relax in our own house. This all started when I complained about a cop. So, of course, it goes on and on and ON. EVERYwhere we try to live this starts. And we've had four or five houses since my complaint in 2007. They arrested our son on false charges, (Now he's 24 and no job, friends, etc...ruined), ... we tried to sue the county, etc, and a dishonest attorney derailed our case for us. Wonder who paid him off? I'm sharing this so you'll know you're not alone in being tormented. Hang in there?
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #6
Top Level Member
goddessoflubboc's Flag is: United States

Wow. Just wow. You might wish to consider counseling.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #7
Realist101's Flag is: United States

Thank you for such kind thoughts.
Realist101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #8
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Hi there...I find I have two sarcastic replies to a very serious subject I posted about. How do I handle this other than unsubscribing? Thanks. S.
Please everyone, follow our forum rules and avoid overall rude behavior, defamatory or sarcastic comments, threatening other members, etc.

Thanks!

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now! Click Here
Find Legal Forms for All 50 States
forum_admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #9
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist101 View Post
Thank you for such kind thoughts.
You could call Homeland Security and request they advise whomever is conducting a terrorist experimentation study on you cease and desist.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 2365 times