WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Civil Litigation > What defense does a person have about defamation of character?

What defense does a person have about defamation of character?

This is a discussion on What defense does a person have about defamation of character? within the Civil Litigation forum, part of the ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION category; I am in a social community where members are allowed to trash other members without any supervision even though it ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #1
Guest90347

Default What defense does a person have about defamation of character?

I am in a social community where members are allowed to trash other members without any supervision even though it is in their Terms & Conditions this is against rules.

These people are stating lies, insinuations, false information, and complete defamation of character about me.

What are my legal options?

Here are some of the latest comments made:

Quote:
Hello Kathleen, I have read all the bald faced lies the Adland Hypocrite Queen posted about you on the scam site and I just wanted to say I feel your pain. I'm sure you've heard the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" and as you now know that is not true because words can hurt and cause a lot of harm because there is always going to be someone who will believe them. In my opinion we eventually reap what we sow as will this person who has a major character flaw. To go on another site and post such garbage against a fellow Adlander is inexcusable and absolutely uncalled for.
One thing I also noticed in certain posts here at Adland is they are still blaming everything on the victim instead of taking responsibility for their actions. Sounds like Obama doesn't it? As the worst president this country has ever had he still refuses to take responsibility for his actions and blames it on everybody and everything but the facts still remain as they do with this devious person who has nothing better to do than go around posting lies on people. That is character assassination plain and simple.
I have no idea how this person can be stopped from doing these behind the scenes hurtful shenanigans but for those that think it can't happen to them, think again. This person has no shame or no conscience and therefore can not distinguish between right from wrong.
Those that know the real you will always respect you Kathleen so see you have something this person is sadly lacking and that is character. I feel I know you fairly well and I honestly don't think you would try to discredit anyone unless it was well deserved.
Know what your biggest mistake was in this person's eyes? You have been successful in your endeavors by a lot of hard work and some people can't stand to see someone being successful. That is one of the things behind all these street protesters. They are envious and covet what people have worked for.
You hang in there and know that your friends love and respect you.
Sincerely,
Evelyn

Quote:

This is like a situation created by a 4 year old running off behind a corner after every escapadocritee:
* One of the admins of Adlanders In Facebook started a thread in a scam site about me and kept it going from Feb-May and I just found it 2 weeks ago
* Says she can't edit names out of her posts, even though I could edit my posts there
* Deletes my posts in her forums here at ALP and bans me so I can't reply while she makes posts about me there, good thing I copy & paste my replies immediately & put them here
* She makes this seem like it's MY doing, even though I can't recall having any disputes with her in Feb, I actually entered a contest at her forum and sent traffic to it
* Profile: Enjoying God's world? I thought our bodies were the temple of our soul, and every person is a creation of God, and using any part of our temple to inflict abuse upon another creation of God is an abuse of the temple he gave us to house our own soul? Using her fingers to type months-long distress toward another person, while enjoying God's world on profile? Hmmmm.....

This forum was created because I asked if EZ Wealth was legit in a scam forum. None of the above statements are true.
If We SEE SOMETHING, We're Going To SAY SOMETHING | View Thread | AdlandPro Community

What would you do if this happened to you??
This forum was created because I asked if EZ Wealth was legit in a scam forum. None of the above statements are true.
If We SEE SOMETHING, We're Going To SAY SOMETHING | View Thread | AdlandPro Community

What would you do if this happened to you??
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: What defense does a person have about defamation of character?

I wish to inform you that person writing false statements can be held liable for defamation. In this regard writing of false statement against the victim makes the person liable for defamation. Further a notice can be sent to the person writing defamatory statements. In notice you may ask other person to state correct facts and statement against you were false. If other person does not agree then a lawsuit for defamation of character can be filed in which you may claim compensation.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Guest90347

Thank you very much. The assault is continuing even after it was reported to the administration of that website. In a communication from him he stated that I was to blame for starting it and he would not defend me. They are not breaking rules since they don't call me by my real name.

Should I go in there and post so then it will be proven they are directing these cruel and untrue statements at me?

Any lawyers out there want to take this on?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Guest90347

Looks like these people need a good lawyer, after all they are trying to expose internet crime and fraud!!

Quote:
RealScamClassActionSuit.com
The site RealScam.com engages in harboring disgruntled users who then create anonymous accounts on the RealScam site and out of revenge attack members, business owners and individuals accusing them of unproven actions, exposing their full names taken from their place of business or activity. Such unproven accusations cause irreparable damage to the reputation of users who have provided their full names in public places to conduct their business or other social activities.
For example these two members who were identified as Judy Hortin and Sara Gardner Blow have been attacking members of the community they belonged to who they had disagreements with in the past. Out of revenge two other members of the community (who had no online business for several years) were accused of running scam businesses and one being a crook. Other members have been attacked and without any investigation declared as scammers or fabricated facts have been linked to them. It also appears that Sara Garner Blow had previously different account with the name (HonestMe), which now appears to be deleted or renamed.
Both (Judy Hortin and Sara Gardner Blow) have been terminated from social networking site for multiple cases of breaking of community rules (including fraudulent activity and hate letters) after which they have started their attacks on the owner and any active members they could identify. There is possibility that their actions could be qualified as cyber-bullying and cyber-stalking. The possibility of their breaking of both of these acts is now being investigated for the sake of filing reports with authorities against above mentioned members and site owners of RealScam sites in their respective areas.
The RealScam.com appears to be represented by Heather Dobrott.
The RealScam.com doesn't offer any protection for individuals who can be targeted by malicious users of their site and doesn't have privacy statement, which at best can be called unprofessional and deceptive.

Site RealScam encourages cyber-bullying and cyber-stalking by allowing the creation of anonymous accounts and by allowing the users to present of unproven accusations towards individuals of their targeted organization. The RealScam.com turns out to be just a harassment and bashing site with no verification of facts and indiscriminate attacks at anyone who looks like an easy target.
The main admin of the site Heather Dobrott sates that she is only doing this on volunteer bases and has no time to verify each post.
RealScam instead of contributing to fighting scam encourages cyber-bullying and cyber-stalking and perpetuates the problems which it has allegedly attempted to solve.

If you have been targeted by anonymous users from the RealScamSite.com and would like to join Class Actions Suit against RealScam.com or have any information which could help to enforce some rules in regards to this site, please send us email to following address support@realscamclassactionsuit.com

Following articles might be of interests if you have been slandered by this site or if some of the anonymous users there engaged in defamation against you.
The CDA, cyber-racketeers, the DMCA, and changes to Section 230 by Domingo Rivera
Internet Bloggers Beware: Ohio Court Lands Another Blow Against Those Engaging in Internet Defamation
Internet Defamation Law - Website owners and bloggers beware - The latest interpretation of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act
If you are practicing law in following jurisdictions, Dallas, Texas, Burlington, Kansas, London, UK, and have expertise in slender, defamation, libel, hate letters, cyber-bullying, cyber-stalking, copyright and trademark laws and would like to represent us, please contact us here support@realscamclassactionsuit.com
Check this site for new developments as we will be updating it frequently.

Old Nov 1st, 2011, 11:16 PM   #5
Top Level Member
okosh's Flag is: Australia

LOL...Funny thread....Bring on the class action....Hahahahaha

.................................................. ................
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
okosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:21 PM   #6
Guest90347

Default Re: What defense does a person have about defamation of character?

Sheriff has been notified and media is awaiting the approach of Canadian executes and legal representatives. It will be history in the making when one of residents of county is accused of what...?? Reporting internet crime...

lol thanks!!

Old May 4th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #7
Unregistered

[QUOTE=okosh;235916]LOL...Funny thread....Bring on the class action....Hahahahaha[/QUOTE

Oh it has begun. Sit back and get some popcorn. But see how funny it is once you and the other chickens real names and addresses are released. With the hurt you all have caused I would go in to hiding like the Zimmerman's.
support@realscamclassactionsuit.com

Old May 5th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #8
Top Level Member
okosh's Flag is: Australia

Default Re: What defense does a person have about defamation of character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Oh it has begun. Sit back and get some popcorn. But see how funny it is once you and the other chickens real names and addresses are released. With the hurt you all have caused I would go in to hiding like the Zimmerman's.
support@realscamclassactionsuit.com
Blahahahahahaha.....Bogan shat himself and abandoned that site....

.................................................. ................
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
okosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
bullying, cyber bullying, defamation of character, harassment

This thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 2545 times