WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Civil Litigation > File a motion to recall the bench warrant: What kind of form to use?

File a motion to recall the bench warrant: What kind of form to use?

This is a discussion on File a motion to recall the bench warrant: What kind of form to use? within the Civil Litigation forum, part of the ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION category; My best friend was involved in a case in district court. The case has been settled and she was ordered ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Unregistered

Exclamation File a motion to recall the bench warrant: What kind of form to use?

My best friend was involved in a case in district court. The case has been settled and she was ordered to pay fines and was told that as long as she paid by a certain date each month, that she didn't have to reappear in court to show cause why she couldn't pay. She paid her first payment, but her second payment was late by a couple of days and they have issued a bench warrant for failure to appear. I know that she has to file a motion to recall the bench warrant and that she can do it herself, but I am not sure what the procedure is and what kind of form to use. Is there anyway someone could walk me through the process and tell me where I can find the forms necessary. I don't want to see her go to jail. She has been through a lot lately and really needs a break. Thank you so much.
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: File a motion to recall the bench warrant: What kind of form to use?

I want to inform you that your friend may meet the Court Clerk and schedule a hearing. She will have to appear before the judge and request to recall the bench warrant. Depending upon the laws of the state and the nature of offense, she may send a lawyer to represent her or be present herself. If granted by the judge, the warrant will be removed from the system. In court, you may produce a witness who can certify your character strongly. Normally, this witness may be a clergy man or a law officer. After the bench warrant has been recalled, check if it has been removed from the system.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
bench warrant, failure to appear, file a motion, legal forms

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 3265 times