Who can You sue? - Suing child protective services

This is a discussion on Who can You sue? - Suing child protective services within the Civil Litigation forum, part of the ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION category; Considering the odds are stacked against the parents and relatives and most lawsuits are thrown out or never heard of...why ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #11
Unregistered

Angry Re: Who can You sue? - Suing child protective services

Considering the odds are stacked against the parents and relatives and most lawsuits are thrown out or never heard of...why can't litigants with the same complaint do a class action lawsuit thereby adding weight and an enormous amount of evidence to make their case? Has anybody ever considered doing that?

One person against the entire weight and stature of the state Attorney General's office (and unlimited financial resources) really doesn't stand a chance, but how 'bout a thousand or more litigants claiming the same thing about the same people in the same office? Surely there are at least a thousand parents who have had their children wrongfully taken by the state with lies, false testimony and made up documentation.

Another thing that needs to be challenged--if not taken out of the picture altogether--are the tools used to determine a person's mental stability--DSMIV diagnoses are habitually generalized to fit any one the evaluator decides subjectively meets criteria. MMPI is under law suit for bad science making it impossible for anyone not to be found seriously troubled. How has CPS been able to use these tools and take thousands of our children? Because they pick on the weak, the poor and those who are already dependent on the state for everything. It is criminal. CPS has to be dismantled and re-designed to operate at local levels with the community able to hold it accountable.

Anyone have any ideas how to get a class action lawsuit going?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #12
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Who can You sue? - Suing child protective services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Considering the odds are stacked against the parents and relatives and most lawsuits are thrown out or never heard of...why can't litigants with the same complaint do a class action lawsuit thereby adding weight and an enormous amount of evidence to make their case? Has anybody ever considered doing that?

One person against the entire weight and stature of the state Attorney General's office (and unlimited financial resources) really doesn't stand a chance, but how 'bout a thousand or more litigants claiming the same thing about the same people in the same office? Surely there are at least a thousand parents who have had their children wrongfully taken by the state with lies, false testimony and made up documentation.

Another thing that needs to be challenged--if not taken out of the picture altogether--are the tools used to determine a person's mental stability--DSMIV diagnoses are habitually generalized to fit any one the evaluator decides subjectively meets criteria. MMPI is under law suit for bad science making it impossible for anyone not to be found seriously troubled. How has CPS been able to use these tools and take thousands of our children? Because they pick on the weak, the poor and those who are already dependent on the state for everything. It is criminal. CPS has to be dismantled and re-designed to operate at local levels with the community able to hold it accountable.

Anyone have any ideas how to get a class action lawsuit going?
To take on a government agency for its practices is an herculean task requiring thousands of hours of lawyer's time, a good sized support staff, and years of the firm's time. If the issue is common to a class, the facts apply to many people, then a court may certify the suit as a class action. It is not uncommon for such suits to take 5 or more years to get through the court system. And if a favorable ruling is obtained, what will the monetary payoff be? I can't see any. State employees are immune for what they do in the course of their job. It is unlikely that one can quantify damages for children wrongfully taken from their parents nor that state treasuries wouldn't be bankrupted IF the plaintiffs prevailed.

A more likely route is to spotlight the inefficiencies or incompetency of your state system, get as much publicity as possible, and lobby with your state legislators and agency heads that changes be made. Public pressure would be more likely to effect change that litigation which can be a crap shoot.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 30th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #13
Save R Kids

Thumbs Up Re: Who can You sue? - Suing child protective services

I like the idea of joining parents together who have been VICTIMIZED by the State of NJ, losing their children for no reason. I have audio tapes, court tapes, court transcripts, video tapes, digital photos of abuse of a child by a NJ foster family (no abuse from biological parents - the DAG even admitted in court that the child was not abused by his parents). The foster family is protected by the Law Guardian who told the judge "I've known these people for many, many years" ... elderly foster parents, with documented history of alcoholislm, aggravated assault, corporal punishment, sexual abuse, mental problems and 2 failed previous adoptions 20 YEARS AGO...1 of those boys is in NJ State Mental Hospital in Trenton & the other is an alcoholic. Foster mother said she used to tie her kids together with ropes "to get them to work out their problems" and discipline them with plastic spoons "because her pastor told her to do it." So why, why is the Law Guardian telling the judge a 6-year-old boy should be adopted by this dysfunctional family in place of a father with a Masters' Degree who has a good job? To cover up for the illegal removal of the child in the beginning. No hearings or any legal proceedings on the case plan for this boy for the first 8 months after his removal, then....OH, he's been in this foster family too long & bonded with the foster mother WHO ADMITTED IN COURT THAT SHE HIT THE BOY BECAUSE SHE FORGOT TO TAKE HER MEDICATION THAT DAY. Hospital ER report states "physical abuse & corporal punishment by foster mother" Let's all get together and bring our stories to the media, the public forum & the State of NJ. email me at njfostercare@yahoo.com or call 973 955 7567

Old May 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save R Kids View Post
I like the idea of joining parents together who have been VICTIMIZED by the State of NJ, losing their children for no reason. I have audio tapes, court tapes, court transcripts, video tapes, digital photos of abuse of a child by a NJ foster family (no abuse from biological parents - the DAG even admitted in court that the child was not abused by his parents). The foster family is protected by the Law Guardian who told the judge "I've known these people for many, many years" ... elderly foster parents, with documented history of alcoholislm, aggravated assault, corporal punishment, sexual abuse, mental problems and 2 failed previous adoptions 20 YEARS AGO...1 of those boys is in NJ State Mental Hospital in Trenton & the other is an alcoholic. Foster mother said she used to tie her kids together with ropes "to get them to work out their problems" and discipline them with plastic spoons "because her pastor told her to do it." So why, why is the Law Guardian telling the judge a 6-year-old boy should be adopted by this dysfunctional family in place of a father with a Masters' Degree who has a good job? To cover up for the illegal removal of the child in the beginning. No hearings or any legal proceedings on the case plan for this boy for the first 8 months after his removal, then....OH, he's been in this foster family too long & bonded with the foster mother WHO ADMITTED IN COURT THAT SHE HIT THE BOY BECAUSE SHE FORGOT TO TAKE HER MEDICATION THAT DAY. Hospital ER report states "physical abuse & corporal punishment by foster mother" Let's all get together and bring our stories to the media, the public forum & the State of NJ. email me at njfostercare@yahoo.com or call 973 955 7567
I agree, please join the thousands of us in a nationwide protest August 12th. See more at Natl. Family Rights Protest or come see us on facebook!
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Old Jul 30th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #15
Unregistered

I was wondering of any NJ lawyers that anyone can recommend to sue dyfs. i had dyfs involved 4 yrs ago, my children where taken for 6 weeks while they did their investigation and found othing. All the while they kept coming up with roadblocks on to why they couldnt come home. I obtained a lawyer and he seen the games they were playing. They even refused to give them to my mother who mind you works for a school and has to complete background checks to work their. We only had to go in front of the judge 2 times, ther first being the a few days after the kids were taken and 1 other time when i obtained my lawyer. It never reach a fact finding hearing bc my lawyer fought and proved they had nothing, however i did have to go to parenting and anger management classes and get a psych eval done before they could be returned home. Even when the kids were returned home the case worker stated that was the shortest time any kid was returned home. I went through all the legal steps with my lawyer to clear my name. The final step was to get our name of the child abuse list, which at that time we were able to retreive all of dyfs records they had on the case. Come to find out they falsified documents, and the casework hereself stated in her own reports that these kids were not abused in any way. Even their expert witness a dr. who consults on hundreds of abused cases stated these kids were not abused. So the judege determined that they never had enough eveidence to convict us, and everything had to be reversed, including any charges they tried to put on us and to take us of the national child abuse registery and they even notified the police station in the town this happened.

So my question is because of the fasified documents, the case worker clearly stating in her report as well as the dr.s that my kids were not abused, and that they didnt have enough substainited evidence, is their a lawyer in nj who will sue dyfs. If so anyone have any names. Because its not fair that my family, especially my kids had to go through this traumatic experience and that dyfs can get away with this.

Old Aug 8th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #16
Unregistered

See thats what im thinking of doing not only have i called CPS but they only investaged us not the accuse party. "A phone call come on" how is legit how is law legit anymore. I feel wrong doing the dang lady yell at my kid a CPS officer yell at a two year old and told him to shut up. is that grounds for a lawsuit?

Old Aug 8th, 2011, 06:03 PM   #17
Unregistered

I mean i dont even tell my step son to shut up for crying out loud.

Old Sep 25th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #18
Unregistered

Go to ur nearest federal court house look up, though their system can only be done at the court house(federal) and find out an attroney who has filed already and call them...best of luck doing this myself now..

Old Sep 26th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #19
Unregistered

Confused Re: Who can You sue? - Suing child protective services

I have been found guilty of not physically hurting my son but as the judge says I was found guilty of throwing my daughter and/or slamming her into my sons femur and hairline-fracturing it. I have tried to appeal for the reason of CPS giving the file that was closed to the police and no evidence to back it up. No bruises, and no swelling, also no harm to daughter. The day care workers fabricated this to cps through the kids (ie: getting the kids to say it some how). Now I have a 3rd degree assault against my son.

It has also been 6+ years that my kids have been out of home. I am interracially married in the state of WA. The percential of inerracial kids and minority kids coming home is very slim. We have asked time and again to send our kids back to us. The system has had our kids (4 kids total for us) riding around with a 2nd degree child molester, mal nurished at a foster home, and had no help for sexual exposure to our kids.

I found that majority of the stuff is buried and hidden. Is there a good suit for me and my family?

Old Nov 7th, 2011, 04:59 AM   #20
Unregistered

I THANK YOU FOR INFORMING ME ALL OF YOU. I HAVE BEEN RAILROADED BY CPS FOR MORE THAN 17 YEARS JUST FOUND ONE OF MY OLDER SON WHO IS HAPPI TO SEE ME BUT THERE TRYING TO KEEP HIM FROM ME TOO. I LOST MY ONE YEAR OLD WHOM THEY TOOK FROM THE HOSPITAL. I WILLING GOD GIVE ME THE STREGTH TO FIGHT TO THE BITTER END. THE BITTER NOT GARRENTEED

Bookmark & Share

Tags
cps, dhs, child protective service

This thread has 56 replies and has been viewed 51560 times