WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Civil Litigation > Can I counter sue? (false allegations causing personal distress and anxiety)

Can I counter sue? (false allegations causing personal distress and anxiety)

This is a discussion on Can I counter sue? (false allegations causing personal distress and anxiety) within the Civil Litigation forum, part of the ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION category; Is there always a way to counter sue someone when you are being sued yourself when the alligations of the ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #1

Default Can I counter sue? (false allegations causing personal distress and anxiety)

Is there always a way to counter sue someone when you are being sued yourself when the alligations of the suit against you are false and causing you personal distress and anxiety? How much can you sue for and how would you go about doing it? This person wants money but can't get it so he will keep trying to sue me unless I do somthing in retaliation so he may back off. The false allagation are also messing with my reputation as a person. I feel that I could counter sue for mental anguish and suffering but my attorney told me not to bother. Is he right? or do I have beter options?
poet2dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 05:59 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Can I counter sue? (false allegations causing personal distress and anxiety)

I really feel for you, I am also being sued for money under false allegations and I have counter sued. It depends on what terms the plaintiff is sueing you and why he feels that you owe him money. In my case the plaintiff said that I used funds from the sale of a home, that he claims he had invested in, to purchase another home. I had actually worked for him to repay the money that he had put into the home and therefore did not owe him anything. I hope this makes sense to you. Why does the plaintiff feel that you owe him money?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 21st, 2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: Can I counter sue? (false allegations causing personal distress and anxiety)

I am also being sue, I loan someone money, in exchange I was given a purse to hold, until the funds we paid back.
The day she was to pay me back, I was out of tow, so, I called her and told her that I was out of town and to come by a few days later.
Well, when I returned hime, I was rob, and her purse, and all my loose change ($400.00) was the only thing stole, now she is suing me for $2,000.00
I need to counter sue her. The police did not take finger prints, but, I saved the jar that she stole the money from. I hope to have it finger printed.

How much time do you have to countersue. Does anyone know.

Old Nov 28th, 2009, 02:17 PM   #4
Unregistered

Question re: Can I counter sue? (false allegations causing personal distress and anxiety)

can i counter sue someone if they asked me to have sex? one day i was on my way home with 5 oter of my friends, so the police stop'ed us and asked us questions. and then 7 more police cars come speeding and they asked us if we saw a girl get raped. the girl lied on me and my friends and said that we raped her. day's before that she asked me to have sex with her. i said no and she kept asking me. can i counter sue her?

Old Jan 18th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Unregistered

Of course you can counter sue, as long as you have all your facts together and do not lie.

Old Jan 18th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #6
Unregistered

Cool re: Can I counter sue? (false allegations causing personal distress and anxiety)

oh yes you can

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:20 AM   #7
Unregistered

Thats right the truth always prevails.

Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 05:53 PM   #8
Unregistered

Confused Re: Can I counter sue? (false allegations causing personal distress and anxiety)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thats right the truth always prevails.
Is that a joke?

Old Jan 12th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #9
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I counter sue? (false allegations causing personal distress and anxiety)

a girl has acused me of rape and i have evidence and alibies to prove my inocents after its all sorted could i sue because this has lead to me getting kicked out of college ect

Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 12:46 PM   #10
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Can I counter sue? (false allegations causing personal distress and anxiety)

i am a 7th grader being sued for bullying his allagations have been proved false my father told me i would have to pay from my own money iv paid my lawere 3,000 dollers and i want to counter sue him and he has caused my to close down a small bussness i opened in the seventh grade know all i have is my stock investments and i dont know what to do truthfully right now i am beging to feel helpless and i think hes going to sue me again what should i do?

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 22 replies and has been viewed 44084 times