Illegal Court Order

This is a discussion on Illegal Court Order within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I have just been advised that my ex got a new court order signed by a judge in Nov/07 to ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Illegal Court Order

I have just been advised that my ex got a new court order signed by a judge in Nov/07 to have all his child support arrears put down to zero. I wasn't even aware of this court order & contacted the Family Court in his city to find out how this happened. They would only tell me I'd been served ( which I was not) and that there was consent. I did not consent to anything, I asked if my signature is on anything but they couldn't tell me anything by phone. Apparently I'd need to send them money in order for them to send me a copy of all paperwork. Furthermore, the Judge that signed this court order is good friends with my ex's father....and the Attorney General's office is doing in inquiry into this judge.
Need to know my recourse.
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #2
Xena's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Illegal Court Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just been advised that my ex got a new court order signed by a judge in Nov/07 to have all his child support arrears put down to zero. I wasn't even aware of this court order & contacted the Family Court in his city to find out how this happened. They would only tell me I'd been served ( which I was not) and that there was consent. I did not consent to anything, I asked if my signature is on anything but they couldn't tell me anything by phone. Apparently I'd need to send them money in order for them to send me a copy of all paperwork. Furthermore, the Judge that signed this court order is good friends with my ex's father....and the Attorney General's office is doing in inquiry into this judge.
Need to know my recourse.
You should get a copy of everything in the file relating to the new order. Yes, you will be charged a per page fee, but it's usually no more than $1 per page, but well worth it.

Once you have those, you most likley will be able to file a motion to set aside on the basis of not being legally notified or served. If it turns out that your signature was forged, that would also be something that should be brought up in the motion.
Xena is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 09:23 AM   #3
Unregistered

Confused Re: Illegal Court Order

With the proper channels not being followed, will I be able to get this order reversed? He has always tried to pay the least amount possible & in the past 3 years decided to become self employed (after being fired from a good paying job) so he can lie about the amount of his earnings in order to not pay the proper amount of child support.
I've spent over $5000 in the past 5 years taking this moron to court & no longer wish to hand my money over to lawyers. Sorry but I will represent myself in court to get this all figured out.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1493 times