WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody & Support > My boyfriend has to pay child support. Can he move to a different country?

My boyfriend has to pay child support. Can he move to a different country?

This is a discussion on My boyfriend has to pay child support. Can he move to a different country? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Hi i got a question. My boyfriend has to pay child support, and he couldn´t pay it for like 3 ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 02:49 AM   #1
Unregistered

Confused My boyfriend has to pay child support. Can he move to a different country?

Hi i got a question. My boyfriend has to pay child support, and he couldn´t pay it for like 3 years. So his child support is very high. Can he dropp it down? Can he move to a different country, like germany? And can he pay it from there?
Thank you?
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:16 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: child support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i got a question. My boyfriend has to pay child support, and he couldn´t pay it for like 3 years. So his child support is very high. Can he dropp it down? Can he move to a different country, like germany? And can he pay it from there?
Thank you?
It's unlikely that he can get a decrease since he owes arrears. It's also unlikely that he'll be able to leave the country because he won't be able to get a passport. Once a NCP is at least $2,500.00 in arrears, thier passport can be revoked or an application for a new one can be denied.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:23 PM   #3
Unregistered

good input

I have a similar situation

Old Jan 24th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #4

He can pettition the court to have the arrears lowered or even dropped if he has good reason for not paying. If he were out of work or hospitialized ect...

This is totally up to the court and can be done usually if he only has a good reason.
DR_performance is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 25th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #5
Unregistered

Confused Re: child support

My question is still: if he can leave the US for visit or even to move to germany? Because his support is high and even when he got it down. We are engaged and we would like to live together. How can I help him?

Old Jan 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM   #6
Top Level Member
annjd's Flag is: United States

He can move and pay from there...there is no restriction unless he has no passport --and now with the amount due the passport may not be issued.
annjd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 27th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #7
Unregistered

He doesn´t have a passport. Is this a very big problem? What can I do to help him?

Old Feb 12th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My question is still: if he can leave the US for visit or even to move to germany? Because his support is high and even when he got it down. We are engaged and we would like to live together. How can I help him?
you cant. this is his, not your, legal issue to deal with. you are legally noone here, and should stay out of it.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 2594 times