WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody & Support > Child custody papers... how long does it take for the judge to sign?

Child custody papers... how long does it take for the judge to sign?

This is a discussion on Child custody papers... how long does it take for the judge to sign? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I have already had the court hearing and the decisions have been made but I still don't have the court ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1
NADYAMARTINEZ's Flag is: United States

Confused Child custody papers... how long does it take for the judge to sign?

I have already had the court hearing and the decisions have been made but I still don't have the court papes signed by the judge, the court was a month ago...how long does it take for the judge to sign because the lawyer handling the case keeps telling me to wait. Is this normal?
NADYAMARTINEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #2
harlynn22's Flag is: United States

Default re: Child custody papers... how long does it take for the judge to sign?

I went to court for custody in July 2012 and in the custody agreement I have(which I got from the circuit clerks office) is stamped with a date from November 2012.
harlynn22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:15 AM   #3
Top Level Member

Default re: Child custody papers... how long does it take for the judge to sign?

Until a judge actually signs a court order, obviously they are not valid or enforceable and without any legal effect. However, you need to go to the court clerk's office to see if there is a signed original copy of the order in the court file. Further, almost all states have a waiting period; so discuss the matter in detail with an attorney to get a clear picture of your situation.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2013, 05:56 AM   #4
NADYAMARTINEZ's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Child custody papers... how long does it take for the judge to sign?

Thank you
NADYAMARTINEZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1032 times