WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody & Support > 17 year old child got engaged, moved out, and refuses to go to school

17 year old child got engaged, moved out, and refuses to go to school

This is a discussion on 17 year old child got engaged, moved out, and refuses to go to school within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; what are my wifes and my rights/options if i have a 17 year old child who has gotten engaged, moved ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 12:17 PM   #1
pieman83

Confused 17 year old child got engaged, moved out, and refuses to go to school

what are my wifes and my rights/options if i have a 17 year old child who has gotten engaged, moved out, and refuses to go to school? we live in the state of massachusetts. can we make her come back home and/or finish school?
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 01:42 PM   #2

Default re: 17 year old child got engaged, moved out, and refuses to go to school

I live in Pa according to the laws here you can the parent has to sign for them to quit school. He or she is still a minor.
mamiof2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 11:52 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: 17 year old child got engaged, moved out, and refuses to go to school

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieman83 View Post
what are my wifes and my rights/options if i have a 17 year old child who has gotten engaged, moved out, and refuses to go to school? we live in the state of massachusetts. can we make her come back home and/or finish school?
did she have permission to move out? if not, call the police and report her as a runaway and theylll bring her home. untill she is 18, she doesnt get to decide where to live without your permission

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2404 times