WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody & Support > Father of 4 needing advice; I gross $58,000 a year and live in Florida

Father of 4 needing advice; I gross $58,000 a year and live in Florida

This is a discussion on Father of 4 needing advice; I gross $58,000 a year and live in Florida within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; 12 years ago I had a son and two years after that got a divorce. Agreed to pay child support ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 08:09 AM   #1
edathompson2's Flag is: United States

Default Father of 4 needing advice; I gross $58,000 a year and live in Florida

12 years ago I had a son and two years after that got a divorce. Agreed to pay child support at 252.00 every two weeks. Have always paid on time.

Began paying 600 a month because it came out to be the same or a little more.

She asked me to pay even more so I did for close to two years at 700 a month.

This year I had to reduce to 600 a month. Along the way I have had three other children with my new wife. Ages 8 ,5 , and new born.

I tried to work with her because our income has been reduced because my wife is no longer working and she originaly said yes and is now getting ugly.

I was thinking of trying to acquire custody of my son or seeing how much I could reduce my child support by. I gross 58,000 a year and live in the state of florida.

Advice?
edathompson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Father of 4 needing advice; I gross $58,000 a year and live in Florida

I wish to inform you that court ordered child support is your liability to pay. Further any change in court ordered child support can also be done through court. If at present child support is decided by you and other parent then that child support being not ordered by court is not enforceable. Child support amount is decided by keeping in view income of both the parents. Section 61.30 of Florida Statutes provides child support guidelines and your child support liability will depend upon various factors including income of other parent and your other liabilities.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM   #3
edathompson2's Flag is: United States

Default re: Father of 4 needing advice; I gross $58,000 a year and live in Florida

If asking for a reduction in child support, will the court take into account trying to provide for my three other children?
edathompson2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 10:20 AM   #4
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by edathompson2 View Post
12 years ago I had a son and two years after that got a divorce. Agreed to pay child support at 252.00 every two weeks. Have always paid on time.

Began paying 600 a month because it came out to be the same or a little more.

She asked me to pay even more so I did for close to two years at 700 a month.

This year I had to reduce to 600 a month. Along the way I have had three other children with my new wife. Ages 8 ,5 , and new born.

I tried to work with her because our income has been reduced because my wife is no longer working and she originaly said yes and is now getting ugly.

I was thinking of trying to acquire custody of my son or seeing how much I could reduce my child support by. I gross 58,000 a year and live in the state of florida.

Advice?
The first thing you need to do is check the child support schedules for Florida to estimate with both your earnings what your portion of the child support obligation will be.

If your reason for petitioning for custody is financial, that is not a legitmate reason to change what has been the child's home for now at least 12 years and try to integrate him into your new family and three children, stepmother and 1/2 sisters/brothers. This is always a difficult transition, even when necessity dictates.

The court will consider your obligations to your second family -- as well as availability of income from your current wife. Although her income may not be used to calculate support, it may be used to consider as a resource available to you -- if in fact she has income.

It is always wise to adjust support as one's income increases and the needs of the child increase, and do so voluntarily,. rather than expend the time and money to wrangle over support in court. These are tough times all over, so a lot of adjustments have to be made by most.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 11:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

keep track of all of your payments made to her so you have proof of what you paid,. You should have never given her more than ordered. As long as your still paying what was ordered you will be fine and you have to file a modification to have that changed and they take evetything into consideration. I cant stand when woman are so greedy. It like that all over. i live in CT and they rape the men in this state and it is such a shame. And this is coming from a woman.
waiting for justice is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 521 times