child custody getting the children back

This is a discussion on child custody getting the children back within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; about 4 months ago i had cps at my house all the time ppl calling and complaining about me doing ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:26 PM   #1
kitty0529's Flag is: United States

Confused child custody getting the children back

about 4 months ago i had cps at my house all the time ppl calling and complaining about me doing drugs, so then a month after that, they had me do a drug test and i failed and the cps worker ask me to take a outpatient... so i agreed to the out pt, and the next day the cps worker called me and said u failed ur drug test i can get the cops right now n go to ur house and take the kids from u, and then she said i will call u back in 30 mintues i need to talk to my supervisor. So i called my kids dad and told him that he needs to take custody of the kids, and i called my sister and ask her to take custody of my oldest daughter, and she said ok.... So the cps called me back and i told her that i already gave custody of my children up to their dad and my sister i will not have my children be put in a foster care system, and she said well u need to come in and have a meeting, so i did along with the kids dad, and they said i would have to have supervise visits with my kids, but didnt say when i can have them back, also they told me that my case was closed b cus i signed over custody, so now my ? is how can i get them back, i'm clean off drugs..
kitty0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: child custody getting the children back

I wish to inform you that laws of your state will govern your situation. In this regard generally you can have your child custody through court order. As you have been ordered supervised visitation therefore in Court ordered child custody you can show that now you are clean off drugs.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: child custody getting the children back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty0529 View Post

about 4 months ago i had cps at my house all the time ppl calling and complaining about me doing drugs, so then a month after that, they had me do a drug test and i failed and the cps worker ask me to take a outpatient... so i agreed to the out pt, and the next day the cps worker called me and said u failed ur drug test i can get the cops right now n go to ur house and take the kids from u, and then she said i will call u back in 30 mintues i need to talk to my supervisor. So i called my kids dad and told him that he needs to take custody of the kids, and i called my sister and ask her to take custody of my oldest daughter, and she said ok.... So the cps called me back and i told her that i already gave custody of my children up to their dad and my sister i will not have my children be put in a foster care system, and she said well u need to come in and have a meeting, so i did along with the kids dad, and they said i would have to have supervise visits with my kids, but didnt say when i can have them back, also they told me that my case was closed b cus i signed over custody, so now my ? is how can i get them back, i'm clean off drugs..

How long have you been off drugs? That will be a factor. Go along with the supervised visitation until you have a good enough record, consistent with showing up on time, observed to be interacting well with the children and they with you -- and then petition to get your children back.

A month or two clean I doubt will convince anyone since recitivism is so high with those who have been addicted to drugs. Cooperate with the case worker and my guess, only a guess since state agencies have their own criteria and some is subjective evaluation by the case worker, is that six months to a year is what you are probably looking at to regain custody of your children.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1088 times