WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody & Support > If I give up my parental rights do I still have to pay child support?

If I give up my parental rights do I still have to pay child support?

This is a discussion on If I give up my parental rights do I still have to pay child support? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Originally Posted by path I realize this is a long dead thread and I really hate kicking a dead horse ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #21
Unregistered

Default Re: If I give up my parental rights do I still have to pay child support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by path View Post
I realize this is a long dead thread and I really hate kicking a dead horse but...
I have trouble understanding people who give up on their kids. I gave up everything for my kids. I have a bratty teenage daughter who is so much like her mother that my wife has trouble looking at her sometimes. It would be EASY to give up and send her to live with her mother. Thats the easy way out in my opinion. I chose to be the parent and when she acts like a brat I disipline her, I dont just send her off and sign off my rights to being her parent.
To the poor person whos daughter got moved 3000 miles away. You know you could have taken legal action to contest that move? Sounds like you chose to give up on another bratty kid. Im sure it was easier to not fight the mother and just let her go. Now you have your lovely new family to raise, a second chance to have a daughter you never had....
I dont agree with the way CARRIEGARDNER19 presented her opinion but I do agree with some of her sentiments. Be a parent and be responsible for your children but never give up on them, thats the easy route.....
The theme I've been noticing - at least on this forum - is the desire to give up parental rights as a means to get out of paying child support.

Sorry folks. It simply does not work that way.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #22
Unregistered

Cool Re: If I give up my parental rights do I still have to pay child support?

All courts and public "officials" are acting in fraud. Do not give jurisdiction over you to anyone. When going into court challenge jurisdiction and stay on point no matter what. The courts can not proceed until jurisdiction has been established, and they do not have it unless you give it to them or deviate and give them subject matter. Do not consent, do not do anything but challenge the courts jurisdiction. Object to everything until the plaintiff has provided written proof of jurisdiction.

Btw, I signed my rights over to help my daughter get insurance that I could not provide through her step father, which he was willing to adopt so he could put her on his military ins. After signing, CS kept coming out of my check every week for about a month or so. Then CS sent me three checks for the amount taken from the date of me signing over parental rights.

My daughter's mother put me through the ringer all because she wanted me back for years and I wouldn't come back, I was already 5yrs deep into a relationship and I left because she cheated on me twice that I know of. Once she ended up pregnant, had the baby and I continued to be there, for my daughter and her new daughter, for about another year. Then she cheated, and that was it. She's hated me every since, probably because she'll never forget the day I left...on her birth day. And the fact that I just recently had a son, which she wanted for years and I wouldn't give her another child. Women are evil, least this one is. Now she's sending our daughter of to "boot camp" because my daughter wants to see me and talk to me. After last night, I will probably not see or hear from her for two and a half years, when she become 18yrs. She has all my info and can easily find me. It makes me feel good that she sees through her mothers lie. Her mom has been trying to brainwash her into thinking I don't love her now that I have son. She knows that's not true, I always wanted a daughter first. Heck I had her name picked out when I was 17 and had her when I was 21.

Anyways,

Here's why is all a fraud...

· December 26th 1933 49 Statute 3097 Treaty Series 881 (Convention on Rights and Duties of States) stated CONGRESS replaced STATUTES with international law, placing all states under international law.

· December 9th 1945 International Organization Immunities Act relinquished every public office of the United States to the United Nations.

· 22 CFR 92.12-92.31 FR Heading “Foreign Relationship” states that an oath is required to take office.

· Title 8 USC 1481 stated once an oath of office is taken citizenship is relinquished, thus you become a foreign entity, agency, or state. That means every public office is a foreign state, including all political subdivisions. (i.e. every single court is considered a separate foreign entity)

· Title 22 USC (Foreign Relations and Intercourse) Chapter 11 identifies all public officials as foreign agents.

· Title 28 USC 3002 Section 15A states that the United States is a Federal Corporation and not a Government, including the Judiciary Procedural Section.

· Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) 4j states that the Court jurisdiction and immunity fall under a foreign State.

· The 11th Amendment states ”The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of an Foreign State.” (A foreign entity, agency, or state cannot bring any suit against a United States citizen without abiding the following procedure.)

· Title 22 CFR 93.1-93.2 states that the Department of State has to be notified of any suit, and in turn has to notify the United States citizen of said suit.

· Title 28 USC 1330 states that the United States District Court has to grant permission for the suit to be pursued once the court has been supplied sufficient proof that the United States citizen is actually a corporate entity.

· Title 28 USC 1608 I have Absolute Immunity as a Corporation

· Title 28 USC 1602-1611 (Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act) allows the jurisdiction of a court to be challenged, and a demand of proper jurisdiction to be stated.

· July 27th 1868 15 Statutes at Large Chapter 249 Section 1 “Acts Concerning American Citizens in a Foreign State”, expatriation, is what is broken when jurisdiction is demanded, and it is not met with an answer.

· Under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 12b 6 the prosecution has failed to provide adequate proof that the parties involved in this situation are actually corporate entities. I have provided ample proof that the prosecution and other agents are actually corporations.

· 1950 81st Congress Investigated the Lawyers Guild and determined that the B.A.R. Association is founded and ran by communists under definition. Thus any elected official that is a member of the B.A.R. will only be loyal to the B.A.R. and not the people.

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #23
Unregistered

Default Re: If I give up my parental rights do I still have to pay child support?

When my ex left with my son and started pulling all the vindictive,possessive greedy **** that stupid women pull, with the help of the government of course, we were arguing about the way she was holding on to him like a trophy. She said why don't I give up my parental rights. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I want to be a part of my sons life. True I hate his mother and she showed her true colors, but that's my kid.

Just my 2 cents.

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #24
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When my ex left with my son and started pulling all the vindictive,possessive greedy **** that stupid women pull, with the help of the government of course, we were arguing about the way she was holding on to him like a trophy. She said why don't I give up my parental rights. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I want to be a part of my sons life. True I hate his mother and she showed her true colors, but that's my kid.

Just my 2 cents.
Did you ask her the same question back?

There exists a staggering number of women who only want custody of their children for the sympathy factor and the money factor. They don't truly love or care about their children. They simply use them for self absorbed purposes.

Ask her why she doesn't give up her parental rights. Turn the tables on her.

Old Apr 18th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #25
HEF
HEF's Flag is: United States

Here is my thing. I dont get to see my boy(which idk is even mine) and my daughter has had a money sign put on her head, well both kids have for that matter and there is no reason for a child to need 12,000 dollars a yr at 2 and 3 yrs old...... Its child support not babby momma support. I will gladly care and see my children but to give them !2,000 a year is insane..... Pissed off in Illinois
HEF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 18th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #26
Pioneerinc's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEF View Post
Here is my thing. I dont get to see my boy(which idk is even mine) and my daughter has had a money sign put on her head, well both kids have for that matter and there is no reason for a child to need 12,000 dollars a yr at 2 and 3 yrs old...... Its child support not babby momma support. I will gladly care and see my children but to give them !2,000 a year is insane..... Pissed off in Illinois
Get DNA test approx $300.00.......I did DNA test to make sure the child baby mama claimed was mine was actually mine. $2,000 a year ain't that much $$ some parents pay 5 times that much. If you go about things positively you could gain a tax dependent claim for your child which puts $ back in your pocket.
Pioneerinc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 14th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #27
griffin45's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Well, I disagree... it is not YOUR fault..We all have different circumstances.. I am a mother of 3 two from a former marriage and my husband has a child with an ex girlfriend from 10 yrs ago and we have 1 together... he has had custody of his daughter for most of her life until the mother came back in to her life 4 1/2 yrs ago. He agreed in court all those years ago that if she came back around he would agree to shared custody. She now has basically taken the child and will not allow her to come home to us (her father) the moment she won her case for child support. The child is being a brat as well and wants to live with her mommy cause it's just her and mommy and she doens't want to have to share her dad.. which she obviously has to since I'm married to him and we have a 15 months old. We have fought with this nut case of a woman for years, spent thousands on lawyers, spent several days in and out of court, had the pleasure of having CAS at our door and dealing with the school and dealings with the child. This whole thing has been a nightmare, and it's getting really old, it's become a huge pain in the ass and unhealthy for our relationship and most of all our little girl.. So, my husband (we) are just a money tree... and that crazy woman who has damaged her child beyond, thinks its great.. So the next thing is she's moving back to where she came from which is 4 hours away.. should we pull up steaks quit our jobs uproot our daugther leave our family so we can follow this idiot and be at her beck and call and of course pay for her to sit on her lazy ass and do nothing.. yes that's right the woman is 35 yrs old, has an 11 yr old child, she does not work, and she still lives with her mother.. sound pathetic? it is !.. So, you'll forgive me, but in a case like this, giving up your rights is the only option.. there's no point beating a dead horse. And going to court to fight for her is useless, she will not come back thanks to the damage that's been done. So, that being said do you really think this self centered, lazy, money grubbing, moron of a woman is going to sign any papers allowing him to give up his rights.. NO, then she'll lose her $$$$$$
Going off what you wrote, there is one thing that failed to consider in your dilema. The little girl. All you complained about in your post was losing money and being controlled by the ex. Right now, giving up may seem like the only logical solution, but what will that accomplish for the little girl in the future? How do you think it would make her feel about her life to know that her father gave up his rights because he was tired of dealing with the circumstances? I'm sure it would do even MORE damage to that poor little girl than her mother has done. From the sound of it, that little girl desperately needs her father to persevere through all of this. Giving his rights up is the WORST thing he could do!
A real parent NEVER gives up unless it is in the best interest of the child. If a parent is stuck living in poverty, or in an area where there is little or no hope in the future for their child to attain happiness, then it would be in the best interest of the child for the parent to give them up. From what I read, it sounds like all you are not interested in the well being of the little girl.
Now, after reading your post and a few previous, I am actually beside myself about what would be best for the children in these cases. If some of you refuse to change your attitude, then yes, it may be in their best interests for you to give up your rights.
Children deserve to be loved unconditionally by both of their parents. For those of you who don't understand this concept: Parents need to let go of their own agendas and do whatever it takes to make their children understand that they love them and won't give up on them. If that means being controlled by the other deadbeat, money grubbing parent, then so be it. Lose the pride! At least when the child becomes aware of the full circumstances he/she will realize that they have at least one parent who truly loves them. The other parent may seem to be in control right now, but in the end it will be your child along with yourself who wins the battle.
The world is already a screwed up place. A big reason is because parents who are supposed to teach their kids about caring for others ahead of their own needs, fail to even care for their own children above themselves. This attitude has created a dangerous cycle. Each generation seems to get more and more selfish, which in turn leads to more crime, corruption, and violence. Wake up! Stop the cycle!
griffin45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #28
Miss Price's Flag is: UK

Quote:
If I give up my parental rights do I still have to pay child support. I am currently paying support to my ex-wife whom has remarried and we have a 14 year old daughter whom I rarely get to spend time with. How do I start the process of giving up my rights as her parent for all purposes and support.
Sounds like you don't deserve your child! you have no right to say ''don't judge me'' as your the one asking if you still have to pay for your child!, there is no reason for you to give up your rights and even if there was there is no reason for you to even ask if you can stop paying, any ''dad'' that wanted to see his child/children and couldn't would still pay! their child/children still deserve food,clothes,shoes,books and treats, and as a ''dad'' that is your job to give them that!. grow up and take responsibility.
Miss Price is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #29
Traxx2009's Flag is: United States

I was awarded full custody of both of my minor children in 2003.. (March 23, 2003)
When there mother abandoned them 6 miles from anywhere early morning in the rain.. There mother dropped them off side of the road and someone contacted the police and brought them to Station 4 in Miami.. MDPD called me and thought they were joking till I went there and picked them up.. about mid-day there mom reported them missing and said I kidnapped them.. Had many units show up at my house till they called the officer on duty they wanted to arrest me for kidnapping.. DCF and the judge decided the children were better off with me and also a stable home.. Through all of this child support had me still paying child support to the mother.. Despite all tried to give them the best life possible and let them know that I love them everyday.. They didn't stop it till 2009 and switched it over to her.. When they switched it I had police and DCF always at my door for her accusation everyday.. They new female judge gave her unsupervised visit with her husband in house wanted by FDLE and 30+ years of criminal history... it destroyed my second marriage... Found my son's journal and his mom is covering up that my daughter got rapped under her custody and his mom is messing round with him.. His mom also convinced him to lie to DCF on me and my second wife.. I have it all in his writing where he signed every page and the judge & the Guardian ad-litem ignores it....
Traxx2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #30
nlk
nlk's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEF View Post
Here is my thing. I don't get to see my boy(which idk is even mine) and my daughter has had a money sign put on her head, well both kids have for that matter and there is no reason for a child to need 12,000 dollars a yr at 2 and 3 yrs old...... Its child support not baby momma support. I will gladly care and see my children but to give them 12,000 a year is insane..... Pissed off in Illinois
You do realize that child support is not only for toys etc. It is to pay for room and board, for lack of a better term, clothing, food, and anything else that child might need. When you are dealing with a toddler you have to add diapers wipes etc which are VERY expensive. So really that money isn't supporting the mom well it shouldn't be) but should be keeping your kids with a roof over their heads, a bed to sleep in, heat in the house, good clothes that aren't falling apart or to small, food in their tummies, diapers on their butts and toys for them to learn with.
nlk is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 70 replies and has been viewed 99091 times