How to stop child support legally (Connecticut & Massachusetts)

This is a discussion on How to stop child support legally (Connecticut & Massachusetts) within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Beware: Child Support is NOT GUARANTEED... When talking about child support a lot of PRIMARY custodians (mainly women) take child ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #1
stopchildsuppor's Flag is: United States

Smile How to stop child support legally (Connecticut & Massachusetts)

Beware: Child Support is NOT GUARANTEED...

When talking about child support a lot of PRIMARY custodians (mainly women) take child support as a granted right if they can manipulate the courts into giving them custody then sponge OFF the child support, but there is a new twist into LEGALLY removing child support thru Termination of Parental Rights/Emancipation etc.

For more info on this subject:

http://stopchildsupport.weebly.com

This has been successful in Connecticut & Massachusetts. Be sure to note the applicable case law.
stopchildsuppor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: How to stop child support legally (Connecticut & Massachusetts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopchildsuppor View Post
Beware: Child Support is NOT GUARANTEED...

When talking about child support a lot of PRIMARY custodians (mainly women) take child support as a granted right if they can manipulate the courts into giving them custody then sponge OFF the child support, but there is a new twist into LEGALLY removing child support thru Termination of Parental Rights/Emancipation etc.

For more info on this subject:

http://stopchildsupport.weebly.com

This has been successful in Connecticut & Massachusetts. Be sure to note the applicable case law.
It is amazing that men, primarily, see supporting the child they brought into this world as a burden they can and should be able to escape. It has been common law since before the Magna Carta that men and women are responsible to support the children they bring into this world -- not leave them to the elements, without the basics of food, shelter, medical care and in this modern world, an education.

All I can say to the this poster is "You ought to be ashamed of yourself." If one does not intend to bear children or support them, then they should get sterilized.

Abandonment and non support is a crime in most states, as it well should be. Nor should the burden of support someone's child fall on everyone else in the country, the taxpayer.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Top Level Member
goddessoflubboc's Flag is: United States

Sponge off the child support. That's a laugh riot!

Termination of parental rights is neither new nor a way to "legally avoid paying child support".
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #4
ChildRecoveryUS's Flag is: United States

Smile Re: How to stop child support legally (Connecticut & Massachusetts)

Actually the original poster is correct here. I have pursued as a private investigator, mothers who take off with their children into another state to custody shop for a court forum that is beneficial to them, or in another country. What is fact is that TPR works specifically if it is done/completed before the moved child becomes a resident in another state according to most states laws of 6 months residency. If this is completed, mother has nothing to register as far as support orders.
On a side note here as to my personal opinion why this happens is because the mother doesn't cooperate for the best interest for the child because the mothers interest and agenda comes first which I find purely selfish so when mommies take off and interfere custodially, fathers should be permitted to remove their support as has obviously happened time and time again. The burden of mothers indiscretions and bad custodial decisions will hurt the child. That is how and why I am PAID to pursue mothers who remove children illegally.
ChildRecoveryUS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 18th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #5
Top Level Member

Anyone who has the notion that child support guarantees lavish living has never raised and paid the full cost of raising that child.

After housing (a 2, 3 or 4 bedroom home vs a 1-bedroom bachelor apt), clothing, breakage, doctor's visits, school costs/uniforms, activities, and on and on.

As to forum shopping for a better 'deal' in another state, the UCCJEA pretty well takes care of that as an option. One who alleages they are 'paid' to pursue mothers who move out of state probably get some legal education on that point.

Women flee abusive situations and the law protects them. A father who would cut off support for his child hurts the child, not the mother. But fully 1/3 of those ordered to pay support pay not a dime of that court ordered support.

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #6
Landlord456's Flag is: United States

From a landlord point of view I disagree with "Friend of the court". I have denied rental housing to several mothers with children for various reasons although some will say its discrimination. The reason for denial mostly pertains to child support for the following reasons;
1. Rent applicant must show enough working disposable income thru an employer as a qualifier since child support is NOT attachable for back rents due.
2. Most state courts are lenient with mothers with children allowing them to live rent free and not able to collect as in # 1 above. I have no problem evicting mothers who pay no rents, even with children.
3. Child support is NOT guaranteed due to TPR laws so I can get stuck with a malingerer who doesnt want to get her butt out to work for a living. She wants to live like a princess on other peoples money.
4. Kids not controlled by the mother parent can cause more damage to a home rental than two responsible adults.
5. Us landlords and fathers have one thing in common, why pay ?? for a mothers irresponsible divorce thru child support and free rents >>? If you say we help make the baby we should equally contribute but why do mothers take for granted the child is selfishly theirs only ..?
Landlord456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #7
Landlord456's Flag is: United States

Actually forgot to mention my other half (wife) agrees with me on this...sorry for mothers with child support ...NOT ON MY DIME...these mothers need to carry their own weight and responsibilities.
Landlord456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlord456 View Post
From a landlord point of view I disagree with "Friend of the court". I have denied rental housing to several mothers with children for various reasons although some will say its discrimination. The reason for denial mostly pertains to child support for the following reasons;
1. Rent applicant must show enough working disposable income thru an employer as a qualifier since child support is NOT attachable for back rents due.
2. Most state courts are lenient with mothers with children allowing them to live rent free and not able to collect as in # 1 above. I have no problem evicting mothers who pay no rents, even with children.
3. Child support is NOT guaranteed due to TPR laws so I can get stuck with a malingerer who doesnt want to get her butt out to work for a living. She wants to live like a princess on other peoples money.
4. Kids not controlled by the mother parent can cause more damage to a home rental than two responsible adults.
5. Us landlords and fathers have one thing in common, why pay ?? for a mothers irresponsible divorce thru child support and free rents >>? If you say we help make the baby we should equally contribute but why do mothers take for granted the child is selfishly theirs only ..?

Child support is a right of and property of the child. Every child since the beginning of English history by common law has had a right to be supported by its parents.

Most people look at the custodial parent as being the owner of child support because they are awarded the support by virtue of being the custodial parent, providing necessities for the child that the child cannot manage themselves, e.g. rent, food, clothing, medical care, child care, transportation, school and activities costs.

As a landlord you are only seeing part of the picture. Fully 1/3 of the non custodial parents pay not one dime of court ordered support, leaving the mother to make it the best way she can. Many end up on public support, either unskilled enough to earn enough to support themselves, AND pay for child care which runs anywhere from $400 to $1200 per month.

As a landlord claiming that women with children live like "princesses", your housing units must be very high end. $2,000, $3,000, $4,000 a month? Or maybe $6K per month? And they take luxurious vacations around the world, drive newer luxury cars.

If you are collecting Section 8 rents, then you have tenants whose income does not allow for them to pay market rents. That income is verified before they qualify for Section 8.

You obviously have not placed a child in daycare during the last 40 years, either, for you would know a person has to earn enough to pay between $400 and $1200 a month. Nor have you cared for an infant through pre school child yourself to know the amount of time, teaching a parent does.

Since about 1995 welfare rules were changed so that (1) only a family with young children is eligible and, (2) the lifetime limit being on such assistance (TANF) is five (5) years.

If you are collection Section 8 funds, your post is hypocritical. You can qualify your tenants out, refuse to take those whose incomes do not meet your standards [that is if your units qualify] and rent only to true "princesses."

Bashing the poor is a mean spirited sport.

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #9

I can agree with both sides of this argument. Child support is for the sole benefit of the child and should be used as such but all too often you see custodial parents mainly women use the support as a bargaining tool, or they don't use it on the child at all. I wish there was some way for responsible parents to make sure the support is being used for the welfare of the child like providing proof that the money is directly benefiting the child and not the parents need to "get back" at the ex or using support to leverage visitation rights even tho the two are not related. Both people laid down together to make a baby then both should be responsible for the support of the child, but a lot of people are sneaky in such a way to make the other parent pay dearly by not working to contribute.
proudmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Top Level Member

The child support schedules that every state maintain rarely cover the full cost of raising a child.

It is fathers who are obligated to pay support who more often than not see support as "punitive." But the amounts ordered rarely, rarely cover the proportionate share of raising the child. If the parents were together, more often than not the support obligated parent would be contributing more to the child's support. Birthdays, Christmas, the "extras" that a child absolutely, positively MUST have or else they'll die.

Support is not just for the benefit of a child, but the child's property! A very big distinction in law and fact. If a custodial parent misappropriates support, does not spend the child's money on the child, the proper venue to discuss that is in court -- with records subpoenaed and full financial statements. Where there has been improvident spending in the past or suspected by the custodial parent, the non custodial parent has every right to request a regular accounting -- and in many instances this is done.

The actual cost of raising a child in this country to the age of 18, middle class standards, approaches now $300,000. That does not include the cost of college education. I sincerely doubt from past experience, that many of those who complain about how much they are paying to support their child(ren) are paying anywhere near 1/2 that much -- all things being equal in the parents earnign abilities.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
stop child support

This thread has 12 replies and has been viewed 3893 times