Hope and prayer that I get my rights back to my kids.

This is a discussion on Hope and prayer that I get my rights back to my kids. within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Hi this is Heidi, I'm a wonderful person i volunteer at a church here in Oregon and i give out ...

View Poll Results: I need someone to help me

Please put a prayer in for my kids 0 0%
Thank you and God bless you. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #1
heidileburg's Flag is: United States

Unhappy Hope and prayer that I get my rights back to my kids.

Hi this is Heidi, I'm a wonderful person i volunteer at a church here in Oregon and i give out food and clothing for the families in need of help. I like helping people i have 3 children one is living with me know and i'm with my new husband to be we have been together for 8 years now. My son Micheal is 3 he is very special to me he is a gift from god to be a mother again i have missed being a mom. My other two kids Cassidy and Kenny i was marry to their dad for 10 years before i had my kids and they were taken from me because of their dad i try to make it work with seeing someone to help us talk to each other and help him. The state took them because i was still with him i was young i should of left.And the two workers that were helping me before they took my kids away they Quit they jobs because of my case was so bad and they were mad that the state took them. I have a learning disability and its not fare for people like me to pick on me i have never done drugs or get in trouble with the law. when i went to court i try everything in the book to get my kids back and still fighting to get them back. when my lawyer told me to sign something to help with my visit with my kids later i found out that i sign my rights away i fell like my rights were violated its not fare if i have seen the paper say that i would have never done this. I need someone to help me that knows the law, When i had my new son Micheal the state did a check on me and they were happy with everything and they even said sorry for what happen with my other two kids it was something bad happen and they said i was all ways a good mom and they close my case. I don't understand please someone help me.
heidileburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Hope and prayer that I get my rights back to my kids.

I wish to inform you that court consider best interest of child as main consideration. In this regard during your custody case the court could have given the kids to you based upon the fact that you could have taken care of kids but however when your lawyer through misrepresentation signed your rights away then court inferred that you do not intend to keep the kids. You may now file a motion for relief from judgment or order as it is based upon incorrect statement signed by you.

AFF
AFFA is online now   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #3
Top Level Member
goddessoflubboc's Flag is: United States

If you signed a paper voluntarily relinquishing your parental rights that is a done deal

I don't know how long ago this happened, you may have an action against your attorney but it's he said/she said.
goddessoflubboc is online now   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 28th, 2011, 06:59 AM   #4
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

If you signed your rights away to your children, your lawyer is at fault, did something against your interests he is sworn to protect and you need to deal with this effectively. What I suggest is that you seek out another family law attorney to help prepare your case to get your children back. That document you signed, unknowingly, or misrepresenting what it meant, needs to be brought to light in court with the full facts -- as only an attorney can do.

The longer the children remain with your ex, the more difficult it will be to get them back for as long as the children are doing well, not neglected courts are reluctant to shift them about --unless they are of teen years when their wishes are considered.

Having as much support as possible from those who know you and your mothering will be helpful to make a case. Keep as much contact with your children as possible to, as involved in their lives as you can, keep up with what is going on with them -- at home and in school. With the aid of a good lawyer, you may have a chance to get them back.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 28th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Unregistered

Default Re: Hope and prayer that I get my rights back to my kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidileburg View Post
Hi this is Heidi, I'm a wonderful person i volunteer at a church here in Oregon and i give out food and clothing for the families in need of help. I like helping people i have 3 children one is living with me know and i'm with my new husband to be we have been together for 8 years now. My son Micheal is 3 he is very special to me he is a gift from god to be a mother again i have missed being a mom. My other two kids Cassidy and Kenny i was marry to their dad for 10 years before i had my kids and they were taken from me because of their dad i try to make it work with seeing someone to help us talk to each other and help him. The state took them because i was still with him i was young i should of left.And the two workers that were helping me before they took my kids away they Quit they jobs because of my case was so bad and they were mad that the state took them. I have a learning disability and its not fare for people like me to pick on me i have never done drugs or get in trouble with the law. when i went to court i try everything in the book to get my kids back and still fighting to get them back. when my lawyer told me to sign something to help with my visit with my kids later i found out that i sign my rights away i fell like my rights were violated its not fare if i have seen the paper say that i would have never done this. I need someone to help me that knows the law, When i had my new son Micheal the state did a check on me and they were happy with everything and they even said sorry for what happen with my other two kids it was something bad happen and they said i was all ways a good mom and they close my case. I don't understand please someone help me.
I can't help but be stopped by your opening sentence. You felt the need to tell us right off the bat that you're a "wonderful person". That's subjective. We don't know you from a hole in the ground. Who are you trying to convince? Until a person knows you, it's merely your opinion that you're so "wonderful".

You sound like a classic Narcissistic Personality. All about me. Everyone's persecuting me. (It's not "fare" (fair, by the way) for people to "pick on me"). Give me a break. Everyone who gets "picked on" doesn't believe it's fair. What makes you so special? Just because you have a learning disability? So did Einstein. So does Tom Cruise.

When it comes to children, it doesn't matter how you present yourself to the outside world. You could pass yourself off as Mother Theresa. It's how you behave behind closed doors that Child Protective Services is concerned about.

Old Dec 28th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend In Court View Post
If you signed your rights away to your children, your lawyer is at fault, did something against your interests he is sworn to protect and you need to deal with this effectively. What I suggest is that you seek out another family law attorney to help prepare your case to get your children back. That document you signed, unknowingly, or misrepresenting what it meant, needs to be brought to light in court with the full facts -- as only an attorney can do.

The longer the children remain with your ex, the more difficult it will be to get them back for as long as the children are doing well, not neglected courts are reluctant to shift them about --unless they are of teen years when their wishes are considered.

Having as much support as possible from those who know you and your mothering will be helpful to make a case. Keep as much contact with your children as possible to, as involved in their lives as you can, keep up with what is going on with them -- at home and in school. With the aid of a good lawyer, you may have a chance to get them back.
Perhaps you've heard about personal accountability? Never sign anything you did not take the time to read and fully understand.

This woman will not be absolved from that personal accountability. A judge would ask her if she took the time to read and understand it. If she whines about her "learning disability" the judge will ask how long she's known about that. Clearly she's aware of it, and if she has trouble reading and comprehending it's her responsibility to get someone to help her read it and understand it before she signs anything.

Let's stop blaming everyone while absolving people of their own personal accountability.

This woman rubbed me the wrong way anyway but whining about how it's not "fair" to be "picked on" because she's such a "wonderful person". Who goes around introducing themselves that way, really?

Old Dec 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member
path's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can't help but be stopped by your opening sentence. You felt the need to tell us right off the bat that you're a "wonderful person". That's subjective. We don't know you from a hole in the ground. Who are you trying to convince? Until a person knows you, it's merely your opinion that you're so "wonderful".

You sound like a classic Narcissistic Personality. All about me. Everyone's persecuting me. (It's not "fare" (fair, by the way) for people to "pick on me"). Give me a break. Everyone who gets "picked on" doesn't believe it's fair. What makes you so special? Just because you have a learning disability? So did Einstein. So does Tom Cruise.

When it comes to children, it doesn't matter how you present yourself to the outside world. You could pass yourself off as Mother Theresa. It's how you behave behind closed doors that Child Protective Services is concerned about.
...Im guessing compassion and kindness are not a part of your vocabulary??
path is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 28th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #8
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Compassion and kindness aside, this is a legal advice forum. OP asked about ways she could LEGALLY regain custody of her children. Quite honestly, the fact that she signed away her parental rights puts a significant limitation on her options.

It is quite possible that her attorney at the time DID advise her of her rights, but she wasn't in a place to be able to understand the concept of signing away those parental rights. Or perhaps she DID understand at the time, but now feels that her circumstances have changed to the point where she should be able to regain custody now.

Her personal issues and her claims to be this wonderful person have no place in this legal discussion. Courts won't revoke her authorization to relinquish her parental rights just because she is supposed to be this nice person. They will only make a decision based on the relevant legal issues of fact. And the fact remains that she signed over her parental rights. If she did not completely understand those rights, then it was her responsibility to make sure she did before signing the documents she received.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 28th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #9
Veteran Member
path's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyclaus View Post
Compassion and kindness aside, this is a legal advice forum. OP asked about ways she could LEGALLY regain custody of her children. Quite honestly, the fact that she signed away her parental rights puts a significant limitation on her options.

It is quite possible that her attorney at the time DID advise her of her rights, but she wasn't in a place to be able to understand the concept of signing away those parental rights. Or perhaps she DID understand at the time, but now feels that her circumstances have changed to the point where she should be able to regain custody now.

Her personal issues and her claims to be this wonderful person have no place in this legal discussion. Courts won't revoke her authorization to relinquish her parental rights just because she is supposed to be this nice person. They will only make a decision based on the relevant legal issues of fact. And the fact remains that she signed over her parental rights. If she did not completely understand those rights, then it was her responsibility to make sure she did before signing the documents she received.
I agree it is a legal forum but does that give people the right to degrade others who ask questions on it.
I guess if I ask a question Im just stupid and wanting attention? Thats sure what the "unregistered" makes it sound like.
path is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 30th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #10
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by path View Post
...Im guessing compassion and kindness are not a part of your vocabulary??
Do you identify with the OP?

If you identify yourself as being "stupid and wrong", that's your problem. Not anyone else's, and why are you getting so upset about words from total strangers you'll never meet anyway? Why would their words matter to you at all?

Prioritize.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 1236 times