living arrangement for child custody

This is a discussion on living arrangement for child custody within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I have two children. If I want custody of both, what are the required minimmum living arrangement for the three ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #1
nq2243's Flag is: United States

Default living arrangement for child custody

I have two children. If I want custody of both, what are the required minimmum living arrangement for the three of us? Is a studio apartment sufficient for us, according to the courts?
nq2243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: living arrangement for child custody

I wish to inform you that court decides child custody keeping best interest of child as main consideration. In this studio apartment may be regarded as sufficient. If any objection is raised regarding house then you may argue that as only three person have to stay thus studio apartment is also sufficient as basic needs required at place to stay will be met by this apartment. Further you will have to show as to how you can take care of children.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #3
Top Level Member

In general court will consider parent’s and children’s circumstances. Courts will not make stringent conditions regarding the living arrangements; it varies by court, judge and state. Court will consider the safety, child’s ability to adjust with the circumstances and more emphasis will be given to the best interest of the children while considering the living arrangement.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Sep 30th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

It would be nice if you could arrange to set up the apartment for some separation of space between the children and your sleeping area. Studios vary quite a bit in size and arrangement. The children's ages need to be considered, too. Arranging a studio to accommodate toddlers and pre teens and teens another.

There is no hard and fast rule on living arrangements. Consider setting up the studio for a modicum of privacy, though, and emphasize the other advantages you can give the children living with you would be my recommendation.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1278 times