Want to live with my dad but mom wont let me

This is a discussion on Want to live with my dad but mom wont let me within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Right now i am 17 but i will turn 18 at the end of October. I Really dont know anything ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:29 AM   #1
Jace's Flag is: United States

Default Want to live with my dad but mom wont let me

Right now i am 17 but i will turn 18 at the end of October. I Really dont know anything about what happen in the court cases during the divorce but i really can't stand to live with my mom any longer. She really has problems and it seems there is nothing i can do. But is there? My dad would have no problem of letting me move back in with him its my mom that thinks she can keep controlling me the rest of my life. IT is getting worse and worse everyday. I started college and only go to schools on Mondays and Wednesday's. Every other day i am not allowed to do anything. My mom isn't even home most of the time. My 1st Anniversary with my boyfriend is tomorrow and he already asked if she could go out and do something that he has planned but she wont me out because she feels like she is loosing control over me.
Jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:56 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Want to live with my dad but mom wont let me

If you want to stay with your dad, then ask your dad to file a petition for custody. In custody petitions court will consider the best interest of the child. As you are 17, definitely court will consider your opinion in respect of change of home. You may inform the court that your mom is very strict and she even doesnít allow you to meet your dad. She has curtailed all your freedom. On October you will attain majority after that you can take decision according to your wish. Why canít you wait till October? (just a suggestion).
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 11:21 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

You will be 18 in just a couple of months so beginning any kind of formal court proceedings would take a month or so just to get to hearing. My suggestion is you work around your mother, bear things as they are the next couple of months, and then move for you will be 18 and able to do so -- legally an adult.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Sep 15th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #4
avrilgriffon's Flag is: United States

i understand my mom is never home either and i cant do anything i totally understand checkout my problem and maybe we can relate on some stuff
avrilgriffon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 07:17 PM   #5
jonthn's Flag is: United States

Confused Re: Want to live with my dad but mom wont let me

i am 13 and my mom is a acholic and shes allways got me up at night fighting with her boy freind and i wanna live with my dad he supports my mom does to theres to much drama and im doing really bad in schooling can u help ..
jonthn is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1787 times