Protection from ex husband's new girlfriend for children

This is a discussion on Protection from ex husband's new girlfriend for children within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I have 2 children with my ex, 14 and 16. He is now in another relationship with what I believe ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:41 PM   #1
LostinLA's Flag is: United States

Default Protection from ex husband's new girlfriend for children

I have 2 children with my ex, 14 and 16. He is now in another relationship with what I believe is soon to be his 7th wife. This does not count the other "serious" relationships that he has had since we divorced.

I was not wanting the girlfriend to become close to my children until it was pretty far into the relationship to make sure that it would last. I let my guard down and allowed the kids to visit with her. My ex is deployed at the time. Things turned bad when they agreed to let my son live with them and then moved him in and basically kicked him out. They both lied to the kids on why he couldn't live with them blaming me.

I have repeatedly told her to leave my kids alone and not to contact them again after what had happened but she refuses to do so and insists on making contact with them via texts or facebook.

Is there anything I can do to stop her at this point. He is gone and they only have spent 2 weeks together other than internet relationship. I am wondering if there is something I can do since basically she is nothing more than a stranger that is butting into my kids lives at this point in time.

I am in Vernon Parish, Louisiana.
LostinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 07:58 PM   #2
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Protection from ex husband's new girlfriend for children

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinLA View Post
I have 2 children with my ex, 14 and 16. He is now in another relationship with what I believe is soon to be his 7th wife. This does not count the other "serious" relationships that he has had since we divorced.

I was not wanting the girlfriend to become close to my children until it was pretty far into the relationship to make sure that it would last. I let my guard down and allowed the kids to visit with her. My ex is deployed at the time. Things turned bad when they agreed to let my son live with them and then moved him in and basically kicked him out. They both lied to the kids on why he couldn't live with them blaming me.

I have repeatedly told her to leave my kids alone and not to contact them again after what had happened but she refuses to do so and insists on making contact with them via texts or facebook.

Is there anything I can do to stop her at this point. He is gone and they only have spent 2 weeks together other than internet relationship. I am wondering if there is something I can do since basically she is nothing more than a stranger that is butting into my kids lives at this point in time.

I am in Vernon Parish, Louisiana.
Yes, you can apply for a restraining order, a no contact, 'stay away' injunction against her having contact with your children. You will have to be specific about acts, incidents that have been harmful or threatening to the children. For all you know she could be another Fatal Attraction in the making.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:55 AM   #3
Top Level Member

Default Re: Protection from ex husband's new girlfriend for children

First of all let me remind you that both the parents have equal rights on their children. As a mother you have got legal rights over your children. Your ex wife has nothing to do with your kids. She is a total stranger (a third party) in the family. So obviously you may petition to court for getting a restraining order restraining her from contacting/meeting with your children. You have to convince the court that her presence will be harmful for the better of the children or threatening in the best interest of the children. It is better advised that you may consult with a Family Law Attorney who can give a proper guidance in this regard.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2548 times