PARENTAL RIGHTS -- How a mother would sign over her rights?

This is a discussion on PARENTAL RIGHTS -- How a mother would sign over her rights? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I would like to know how a mother would sign over her rights or just give the child to the ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 05:28 AM   #1
Jessica1981's Flag is: United States

Confused PARENTAL RIGHTS -- How a mother would sign over her rights?

I would like to know how a mother would sign over her rights or just give the child to the father? She wants nothing to do with the child. The father doesn't want any child support or anything he just wants the child.
Jessica1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: PARENTAL RIGHTS -- How a mother would sign over her rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica1981 View Post
I would like to know how a mother would sign over her rights or just give the child to the father? She wants nothing to do with the child. The father doesn't want any child support or anything he just wants the child.
Are you asking a question? Does this situation pertain to you?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

I have the same question.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 8th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Both parties would visit family court if need be with the father petitioning for sole custody of the child.

The mother would explain that she does not want to raise the child and wishes to relinquish her parental rights to the child. Bear in mind that child support may still be ordered (although for women that requirement is often waived by family court judges for some reason).

Barring that, a simple agreement would be sufficient if they both wish to make their own decisions and do not wish to involve the court and have a family court judge run and rule their lives for the next 18 years.

Old Jul 8th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Stay out of the court room. All she has to do is let the father take the child..period. He can raise the child, etc without the mother. I can't imagine a woman not wanting her child, but it does happen (we just saw that played out in court on national tv...at least in your case the mom is giving the father the child and not killing it like she did)

Old Jul 8th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Stay out of the court room. All she has to do is let the father take the child..period. He can raise the child, etc without the mother. I can't imagine a woman not wanting her child, but it does happen (we just saw that played out in court on national tv...at least in your case the mom is giving the father the child and not killing it like she did)
Why can't you imagine a woman not wanting her child? Is it because you too have been brainwashed by our societal primal conditioning that women are naturally the nurturers?

I've met a staggering number of women who have absolutely no maternal instinct whatsoever. It's not at all uncommon. Unfortunately, family court promulgates the hype that a woman is better suited to nurture a child than a man. This is patently false and misleading, but the fact is, it's accepted as the norm.

There really is no solid scientific data that proves that - aside from the very primal basic need for a food source (which is really what the mother is, and why it's viewed upon as the infant "bonding more" with the mother than the father).

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Why can't you imagine a woman not wanting her child? Is it because you too have been brainwashed by our societal primal conditioning that women are naturally the nurturers?

I've met a staggering number of women who have absolutely no maternal instinct whatsoever. It's not at all uncommon. Unfortunately, family court promulgates the hype that a woman is better suited to nurture a child than a man. This is patently false and misleading, but the fact is, it's accepted as the norm.

There really is no solid scientific data that proves that - aside from the very primal basic need for a food source (which is really what the mother is, and why it's viewed upon as the infant "bonding more" with the mother than the father).
I never said I believed that a woman SHOULD have all parental rights to a child,I said that I PERSONALLY can't imagine a woman not wanting her child..............doesn't mean it's right or wrong, it was my PERSONAL opinion......................as was your statement above.

I also PERSONALLY believe that MOST men are better parents than women, but again that is MY personal opinion.

Old Jul 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Unregistered

Default Re: PARENTAL RIGHTS -- How a mother would sign over her rights?

Quote:
I never said I believed that a woman SHOULD have all parental rights to a child,I said that I PERSONALLY can't imagine a woman not wanting her child..............doesn't mean it's right or wrong, it was my PERSONAL opinion......................as was your statement above.

I also PERSONALLY believe that MOST men are better parents than women, but again that is MY personal opinion.
Calm down. Relax.

Someone merely asked you why you couldn't imagine a woman not wanting her child. Nobody mentioned you said anything about believing women "should" have "all parental rights". Someone was merely pointing out that society brainwashes us all to believe women are more maternal, nurturing of the two genders, which is patently inconclusive.

Actually, the post you responded to is not "personal opinion" It's based on realistic data. Babies "bond" more with the people they know to be "mom" merely because there is breast milk available. If men could produce milk, infants would "bond" more with men.

Take the food source away and there's not a human baby on this planet that has a preference between which gender it will bond with.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 10:58 PM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually, the post you responded to is not "personal opinion" It's based on realistic data. Babies "bond" more with the people they know to be "mom" merely because there is breast milk available. If men could produce milk, infants would "bond" more with men. .
So if the mother doesn't breast feed (which a large number of them don't) then the child won't bond with the mother because there is no breast milk available?

that's a screwed up assumption!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #10
SamWittch's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Calm down. Relax.

Someone merely asked you why you couldn't imagine a woman not wanting her child. Nobody mentioned you said anything about believing women "should" have "all parental rights". Someone was merely pointing out that society brainwashes us all to believe women are more maternal, nurturing of the two genders, which is patently inconclusive.

Actually, the post you responded to is not "personal opinion" It's based on realistic data. Babies "bond" more with the people they know to be "mom" merely because there is breast milk available. If men could produce milk, infants would "bond" more with men.

Take the food source away and there's not a human baby on this planet that has a preference between which gender it will bond with.
I feel so sorry for you. You must have been really hurt by your mother, to have such an agressive point of view about mothers not needing to be a part of their childrens lives. Poor baby!
SamWittch is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 19 replies and has been viewed 15023 times