PARENTAL RIGHTS -- How a mother would sign over her rights?

This is a discussion on PARENTAL RIGHTS -- How a mother would sign over her rights? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Originally Posted by SamWittch I feel so sorry for you. You must have been really hurt by your mother, to ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: PARENTAL RIGHTS -- How a mother would sign over her rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamWittch View Post
I feel so sorry for you. You must have been really hurt by your mother, to have such an agressive point of view about mothers not needing to be a part of their childrens lives. Poor baby!
Did you ever go to school? Did you happen to take an anatomy class? Perhaps a human behavior class? Study up on mammals?

You do realize we are mammals correct?

Again, with the more emotional reactions and less with the intellectual responses. It gets old.

Someone speaks a fact and they jump all over them with psycho-analysis (which they really should be reserving for their own issues), when it has nothing to do with a point of view about a particular gender on a personal level. It is stating a simple fact.

To fellow "unregistered" --- it's not a "screwed up assumption". It's fact. Courts even hold that babies should be mostly with their mothers during breastfeeding time. Judges don't state this if the mother is not breastfeeding. Try to keep your emotions out of it and try to apply just a tiny bit of intellect.

To point out the obvious (as seem so to be necessary for defensive types with little intellect) nobody said anything about "mothers not needing to be a part of their children's lives" and it's very telling that's what "SamWittch" read into it. Very telling indeed. But then, one only read her to know enough to consider the source.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #12
SamWittch's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Did you ever go to school? Did you happen to take an anatomy class? Perhaps a human behavior class? Study up on mammals?

You do realize we are mammals correct?

Again, with the more emotional reactions and less with the intellectual responses. It gets old.

Someone speaks a fact and they jump all over them with psycho-analysis (which they really should be reserving for their own issues), when it has nothing to do with a point of view about a particular gender on a personal level. It is stating a simple fact.

To fellow "unregistered" --- it's not a "screwed up assumption". It's fact. Courts even hold that babies should be mostly with their mothers during breastfeeding time. Judges don't state this if the mother is not breastfeeding. Try to keep your emotions out of it and try to apply just a tiny bit of intellect.

To point out the obvious (as seem so to be necessary for defensive types with little intellect) nobody said anything about "mothers not needing to be a part of their children's lives" and it's very telling that's what "SamWittch" read into it. Very telling indeed. But then, one only read her to know enough to consider the source.
Again, so sorry for the lack of parenting you ever had in your life...I feel sorry for you, that you, on your own, had to teach yourself. If you had a mother/father to teach you...you probably would not be so hostile against mothers. I truly, feel sorry for you.
SamWittch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 11th, 2011, 05:02 AM   #13
Unregistered

Quote:
Again, so sorry for the lack of parenting you ever had in your life...I feel sorry for you, that you, on your own, had to teach yourself. If you had a mother/father to teach you...you probably would not be so hostile against mothers. I truly, feel sorry for you.
Save your pity for yourself, sweetheart. You clearly need it. You've made it abundantly obvious you're a bad mother and know it. Otherwise you wouldn't be having such an extreme visceral reaction to what you read here.

Old Jul 11th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Save your pity for yourself, sweetheart. You clearly need it. You've made it abundantly obvious you're a bad mother and know it. Otherwise you wouldn't be having such an extreme visceral reaction to what you read here.
So...by you reacting this way...does that mean you werent breastfed?

Old Jul 11th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #15
Unregistered

Quote:
So...by you reacting this way...does that mean you werent breastfed?
Trying to play armchair psychologist is amusing and all but really,,, who's watching this nitwit's kids while she's here trying to up the ante with total strangers on a message board and why does a total stranger's words bother her so much? It's pretty clear who's "reacting" and who's merely presenting basic human facts.

Old Jul 11th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Trying to play armchair psychologist is amusing and all but really,,, who's watching this nitwit's kids while she's here trying to up the ante with total strangers on a message board and why does a total stranger's words bother her so much? It's pretty clear who's "reacting" and who's merely presenting basic human facts.
Let me get this straight...If you are a mom, are you saying they should not be allowed to use a computer? You have a funny way of putting a spin on things. If being on the computer makes me a neglectful mom, then I guess youre right! lol!

Old Jul 12th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #17
spunky's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica1981 View Post
I would like to know how a mother would sign over her rights or just give the child to the father? She wants nothing to do with the child. The father doesn't want any child support or anything he just wants the child.
If she wanted to do that, as posted in a previous post, she could do just that. If no court is involved then she can just take the child to the father and let that be it. The father can raise the child. If they don't take it to court, there will be no child support ordered.If it goes to court, and the so called system gets involved, it will be nothing but a headache for all parties.
spunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 12th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
If she wanted to do that, as posted in a previous post, she could do just that. If no court is involved then she can just take the child to the father and let that be it. The father can raise the child. If they don't take it to court, there will be no child support ordered.If it goes to court, and the so called system gets involved, it will be nothing but a headache for all parties.
(But) If the father later wanted to go after her for (back) child support, he could. That is why it is best to be handled in court. Once a parent signs their rights away, the judge will tell that parent, once you sign those papers, you are basically signing a piece of paper that will forever hold you to that. If you sign your rights away, you are signing that basically never even had that child. I have seen it put in those exact terms by a judge...and the person still signed their rights as a parent away.

Old Jul 12th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #19
spunky's Flag is: United States

Quote:
(But) If the father later wanted to go after her for (back) child support, he could. That is why it is best to be handled in court. Once a parent signs their rights away, the judge will tell that parent, once you sign those papers, you are basically signing a piece of paper that will forever hold you to that. If you sign your rights away, you are signing that basically never even had that child. I have seen it put in those exact terms by a judge...and the person still signed their rights as a parent away.
She can sign her rights away all she wants but IF they go to court she will be responsible for child support one way or another. If you keep the greedy court system out of your business you can handle it yourself. Signing your rights away does not relinquish your child support obligations. I too have seen it in court and as soon as the rights were signed away the judge then said "And now on to the order of support. Although you will no longer have contact with this child you are still ordered by law to support this child. Signing away your rights does not sign away your child support obligation."
spunky is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 02:29 AM   #20
Sangyllt13's Flag is: United States

Smile Re: PARENTAL RIGHTS -- How a mother would sign over her rights?

It's only natural that the person, who decides to give up their rights, pays child support. It takes two people to create a child, not one. However, one person can provide and take care of a child. Studies have shown that two parents, doesn't really specify what sex, are normally better at raising successful children.

I, though, believe that single parents are more efficient at trying to raise children. I know that sounds weird, but I'm basing this off of my experiences. My single mother raised both my brother and I, by herself. She was originally from another country and didn't speak english very well. I, too, came with her from that same country. I, however, spoke some english. My father, who adopted me, was in the military and turned out to be a (what most people call "dead beat") person, who did not want to take responsibility for his children. After the divorce, he didn't come around and didn't really pay child support either. My mother put her blood, sweat, and tears into raising my little brother and I. Yes, she gave her best years for us, but she is the best parent that I've known. I've stayed with other families before as well.

I don't really believe a father and mother together is necessary. In the animal kingdom, the mother raises and the father leaves. Bears, for instance, a male will kill the cubs in order to mate with the female. There are a few animals that will actually raise the babies together, like lions. I'm not saying that the mother is the most important person necessary in a child's life, but I've seen more fathers leave and not take responsibility than mother's killing or leaving their children behind. Now, with the world changing, there are more mother's leaving, but I still believe that when we were created, (doesn't matter if you believe in evolution or religion), that the female is the birth center and sustainer for the infant. The father, who helps the birth center to become active, can now help out by bottle feeding, but wasn't really necessary, kind of like in the animal kingdom. However, I believe that breastfeeding is necessary. Breastfeeding was what breast were created for in the first place. It also has the required changing nutrients necessary for the ever growing infant. Bottle feeding/ formula can not keep up.Not to mention breastfeeding helps build a better immune system with the mothers enzymes and antibodies.

The male figure is considered to protect, hunt, provide, and create security. They are to help with procreation. The female is suppose to nurture, gather, be compassionate, and protect as well. Now, this isn't completely necessary with the world that we live in now. I'm not saying men can't be good parents, just that there aren't a lot of men standing up wanting to take the job, saying, "Hey, I'm a caring, loving, and want to be a father. I'll raise my child with the attention, love, and caring that the child needs. I will not be an ass and tell my kid not have emotions and what not." I'm pretty sure I'm going to get bashed for that, but those are the only types of guys I haven't met in this life time. I'm sure there are good fathers out there, but statistically, y'all are almost non-existent.

I'm now a single mother with a beautiful energetic son. The father and I were in a relationship. I happened to become pregnant and was under the impression that he was pleased as well. I gave birth and had him sign the birth certificate. He barely comes to visit his child. We were never married nor engaged. Our son was a surprise, a happy one for me at least. I then find out after breaking up with him, due to his non-interest in either his son or me, that he had been seeing his ex-wife since I was pregnant. He has two other children before his son. I, then, find out he had accidentally impregnated her. So, I, of course, decided that since we weren't going to work out, that I needed to go ahead and request for child support. He helped make our son, so it's only fair that he helps out in some way. He has seen his son 7 times for only less than 30 minutes. One time it was an hour, though I think it was because his lawyer told him to stay that long that time. I'm trying to ensure that I get sole custody and he can see his son, but not any overnights, due to his house not being child friendly or even safe for adults. Not to mention his type of friends that come and go. It was a surprise when our son came into the picture. I wasn't exactly planning to have a child, so the environment I had involved myself in wasn't exactly where I wanted to be for marriage material or getting pregnant. I wasn't thinking, just being young and stupid. When I got pregnant, I realized I had to change everything and start being responsible. I had a little ones life in my hands. The father, apparently, could care less. I should of noticed that with how he behaves around his two older children. Again, I was young and stupid, not to mention I thought I was in love. Love makes you do stupid things and stay in stupid situations. So, there is another reason why I've stated what I stated before. Where are all the good fathers that want to take care of their children? I know there are some out there.

Anyways, the original question was about the mother signing away her rights, it's basically going to court and getting a lawyer in order to sign a paper that states you don't want to be a parent. I believe that mother or father should pay child support. Children are expensive and they deserve the very best. It's easy to make them, it's hard to do right by them and be there for them. Anyone can have a child, but it's hard to be a mother or father.

Sorry if my train of thought seems to bounce around. I'm a little sleep deprived, lol. My son is very energetic, but I love him to pieces. He is the light and joy of my life. The best thing to ever happen to me. I defiantly can't understand how some women can leave their children. I would surely die from agony if my child was ever taken from me or died before me. I, also, don't understand how bad mothers can have children, but people who would of been really good mothers be barren. I, personally, thought I would have a hard time ever getting pregnant due to my mother not being able to conceive until 30 yrs of age. Doctors told her at 17 that her ovaries don't work, but look, my brother and I are here! I thank God every day that he brought my little bundle of joy into my life.
Sangyllt13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 19 replies and has been viewed 14979 times