Help with Wording of Decree

This is a discussion on Help with Wording of Decree within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; What exactly does the wording about I have the "primary and physical care, custody, and control of the minor child" ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #1
johnc's Flag is: United States

Default Help with Wording of Decree

What exactly does the wording about I have the "primary and physical care, custody, and control of the minor child" mean? Here is what is in divorce decree. I'd like to know more about what it means by control of the minor child. What say so does he have in decision making as far as medical?

"The nature of the custody shall be joint, but plaintiff is the fit and proper person to have the primary and physical care, custody, and control of the minor child subject to liberal and open visitation in favor of defendant."
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old May 20th, 2011, 02:26 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Help with Wording of Decree

I wish to inform you that the judgment means that child will live with you and you will have custody of child but however other parent can meet child. Child visitation right are provided to other parent under which you should allow other parent in meeting child. Further your child custody is physical custody in which child will live with you. As regards making decision regarding child you must consult other parent as in that custody is joint.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 20th, 2011, 03:59 AM   #3
Top Level Member

Default Re: Help with Wording of Decree

You have got physical custody of the child. That means child will leave with you. The other parent has got visitation right. Other parent can visit the child and spend time with the child on the visitation days ordered by court. As the custody is joint both parents have to agree on any major decisions relation to the child. Individually you cannot take any major decisions relation to the child
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1579 times