Deadbeat Moms -- There should be equal consequences for women.

This is a discussion on Deadbeat Moms -- There should be equal consequences for women. within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I would love to know how women can get away with everything when they are deadbeat moms. They don't have ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #1
leightroiano's Flag is: United States

Angry Deadbeat Moms -- There should be equal consequences for women.

I would love to know how women can get away with everything when they are deadbeat moms. They don't have to pay child support and don't have to take care of their kids and the government doesn't do anything to them, but when men do it, they have their wages garnished, reputations ruined, go to jail etc.

They should be equal consequences for women, I mean isn't that the whole reason women argued that they were equal to men. So it should be an equal playing ground when it comes to that too. But most women are just manipulators and try the whole sympathy card.

Well I am sick of it, I want to raise awareness to Deadbeat Moms out there, so if you know a deadbeat mom let us raise our voices finally!! Maybe someone out there will listen and finally do something!!
leightroiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old May 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Deadbeat Moms -- There should be equal consequences for women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leightroiano View Post
I would love to know how women can get away with everything when they are deadbeat moms. They don't have to pay child support and don't have to take care of their kids and the government doesn't do anything to them, but when men do it, they have their wages garnished, reputations ruined, go to jail etc.

They should be equal consequences for women, I mean isn't that the whole reason women argued that they were equal to men. So it should be an equal playing ground when it comes to that too. But most women are just manipulators and try the whole sympathy card.

Well I am sick of it, I want to raise awareness to Deadbeat Moms out there, so if you know a deadbeat mom let us raise our voices finally!! Maybe someone out there will listen and finally do something!!
I am right there with you. My husband's ex is a deadbeat mom. She with holds the child from him and has literally turned the child against us both. Taking her to court doesn't do anything, not even a slap on the wrist. She does what she wants, gets her child support,he doesn't get to see the child and the courts are ok with it. Mind you he has NEVER missed one single payment and always showed up for visitation when he should, but she was never there.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 7th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #3
Unregistered

Angry re: Deadbeat Moms -- There should be equal consequences for women.

You see women can do whatever they want and that is STUPID!!!! Why does the law not apply to them???

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 8th, 2011, 05:14 AM   #4
BSmithEverett's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Deadbeat Moms -- There should be equal consequences for women.

I am a mother of 3 kids ordered by the court to pay child support. It is difficult to find work when you do not have a drivers license because it is suspended due to child support not being paid. It is not like I am not trying to take care of my childrent. The system doesn't always favor the women, and doesn't always see what is best for the children. My ex had always stated that he did not want child support, but he lied and insisted on it in court. He didn't support the children in our marriage, but lied and said he did. It is not always the women who lie and get away with it. He is in contempt of court and has been since the divorce was final, but I look at what is best for my children and don't make a fuss. He allows his alcoholic mother to trasport our children, but I don't make a fuss because they want to spend time with her. I worry about the welfare of my children, but I am not in a position to support them at this time, but I do not make a fuss about anything. I do not restrict or regulate his life as he does mine, and yet I still get the raw end of the deal. My wages have been garnished, my license suspended, and my tax return taken, and still I don't complain because it is not in the best interest of the children to see their parents fight in and out of court. My ex has lied to the children about many things, and I wish things were different but they aren't. When I am able to care for my children without asking for child support from my ex I do plan on taking him back to court to get custody as I do feel they would be in a better environment. I know alot of you are scorned by women that manipulate the system, but it does not mean that all of us women are like that. I am sorry that some woman scorned you and you feel that bashing all of us is fair. I am one of the ones that is trying, but it is impossible for me to gain employment when I cannot get there. I rely on others to transport me to get my children for visitation, but I do not wish to rely on others to transport me to work and home. That would be using people that I care about in a bad way. In this economy it is difficult to gain employment, and when you do you are then required to pay a partner who never cared for your children during your marriage or even about your marriage, and you ask what is really fair. Those that state that dead beat moms/dads do not always know the circumstances, and make judgements without all the facts. It is not our place to judge others it is the court system that makes that judgement. If you have a problem with dead beat moms/dads then go back to court and have them deal with them. Get child support enfourcement involved. There are other ways to waste your time then complaining about other people. Not all of the women get away with everything, and to put all women in the same catagory is childish and insecure. So if you feel that a women has scorned you maybe you deserved it, but I can tell you that not all women win in court like you say. If that was the case I would have my kids. I am not a alcoholic, a drug addict, or abusive and yet my ex has my kids. Is that fair when he is exposing the children to that environment, and the courts don't think that a healthy safe environment is in their best interest? I am not perfect, but no one is. I am just trying to see my kids, and spend as much time as I can with them. I don't see how making me pay him to expose my kids to alcohol, abusive people, and people that use drugs is a reason to punish me. I am not saying poor me, but not all women win in the court system as you all are stating.
BSmithEverett is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 8th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #5
Unregistered

In regards to the mother who says she wants to take care of her kids but can't, whatever!! I am a woman who not only takes care of her kids but supports the family and does whatever it takes to do it. Excuses only please those who make them. There is some food for thought!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member
grim509's Flag is: United States

It goes both ways. Neither side is immune from having deadbeats.

It's easy to complain about it all when the children don't live with you. One often forgets how expensive and time consuming raising children can be.

It's also just as easy to complain about not getting your child support payments when you don't work to support them and rely solely on those payments.
grim509 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #7
Unregistered

kind of in the same situation.. i am called a "dead beat dad" but she wont let me see my child and i pay 1200 in child support a month.. going through court but they just keep pushing out the court dates each time 3 months .. i would think women would be happy if the dad of their child want to be in their lives but i guess thats not always the case!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
kind of in the same situation.. i am called a "dead beat dad" but she wont let me see my child and i pay 1200 in child support a month.. going through court but they just keep pushing out the court dates each time 3 months .. i would think women would be happy if the dad of their child want to be in their lives but i guess thats not always the case!
The only time they're happy with that is if they've had to "force" you to want to be. It's when you take an active roll and become a threat to them that they pull what you're experiencing now.

The term "deadbeat" is a form of hate speech towards men and should not be tolerated in our society. In an era where we can no longer say "ho" or "Merry Christmas" or even "god", there should be no tolerance for "deadbeat dad". Notice there is no "deadbeat mom"?

Any woman - unmarried - who brings a child into the world knowing she is in no financial (or emotional) position to raise it is the ultimate definition of "deadbeat".

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 10th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #9
Unregistered

you said it!! if you can't afford them, don't have them!! quit depending on government programs and taxpayers money to raise your children!! women say they can't work, bull crap!!! you can work but you are so lazy and getting child support and having too much fun playing mind games with men in your lives, why do the right thing.

that is why i commend men, and yes I am a woman writing this. But good men and most of the times the other women they marry or end up raising their kids, they are the good parents. They set the example for the children and yet they end up with the most burden.

I wish for one day, things could go back to the old school ways, but i am afraid it will only get worse

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 11th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #10
Unregistered

Women wanted equal rights, but yet here we are, still living in the dark ages.

Unmarried women should be excluded from welfare, child support, and other benefits applicable to child raising.

I guarantee the birth rate would drop dramatically if only married women were eligible.

There is no viable excuse for women needing taxpayer money to raise their children in this day and age of equal opportunity. Yet the women is still treated much better than the man. I

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 43 replies and has been viewed 11010 times