Florida child support extension after 18 yrs

This is a discussion on Florida child support extension after 18 yrs within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; My ex wife is sueing me for child support extension payment beyound 18 years old my son just turned 18 ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Florida child support extension after 18 yrs

My ex wife is sueing me for child support extension payment beyound 18 years old my son just turned 18 in January i owe 10,000 in arrears witch the court already set up a payment plan i am confused can anyone help i have never denied to pay child support oly reason i owe arears is she took me to court a few years back and i lost two years of proof of payment my fualt.
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Florida child support extension after 18 yrs

It depends on what your child support court order states. If it states that child support ends at age 18, you need to file a petition with the courts to have the current order stopped with arrearages to continue until they are paid in full.

If your court order states you are responsible for child support until your child is 21 then yes you are still responsible.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Florida child support extension after 18 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My ex wife is sueing me for child support extension payment beyound 18 years old my son just turned 18 in January i owe 10,000 in arrears witch the court already set up a payment plan i am confused can anyone help i have never denied to pay child support oly reason i owe arears is she took me to court a few years back and i lost two years of proof of payment my fualt.
Please learn how to use the period punctuation mark.

You can contest her petition for child support extension. The child is not a child anymore. He/she is now an adult.

Unless he/she is attending college, no child support should be granted past the age of 18.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2263 times