WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody & Support > Child support in TX -- How can I lower my payments? My X lied to the judge.

Child support in TX -- How can I lower my payments? My X lied to the judge.

This is a discussion on Child support in TX -- How can I lower my payments? My X lied to the judge. within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I have three grown girls, two got married at the age of sixteen one stayed in the house till she ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM   #1
scootertramp53's Flag is: United States

Question Child support in TX -- How can I lower my payments? My X lied to the judge.

I have three grown girls, two got married at the age of sixteen one stayed in the house till she was eighteen I have been paying back child support for all three is there anything that I can do to lower my payments. My X lied to the judge.
scootertramp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Child support in TX -- How can I lower my payments? My X lied to the judge.

I wish to inform you that under Teas Family Code 154.006 child support will terminate at the marriage of child and also when the child turns 18. In this regard as two daughters have been married child support with respect to those two children may not be claimed. As regards third child you may be liable for child support payment. Speaking of lies in court is an offence and you may show to court regarding this fact and other parent may be held liable.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: Child support in Al

Can you help me get a payment?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 08:52 AM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: Child support in TX -- How can I lower my payments? My X lied to the judge.

If you are paying the arrears on the child support, it won't stop until they are paid up. File for a modification in court based on your income. Also petition the court to have the child support stopped after the arrears are paid because the children are either married or are of legal age now. YOU have to petition the court to have the child support stopped.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2756 times