Sole custody parent moving out of country

This is a discussion on Sole custody parent moving out of country within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; My brother who is a Canadian has been working in Taiwan teaching English for the past 8 months. He is ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 09:00 PM   #1
Unregistered

Question Sole custody parent moving out of country

My brother who is a Canadian has been working in Taiwan teaching English for the past 8 months. He is now engaged to a Taiwanese woman, who has never been married, but who has two children. The father lives in Taiwan. My brother and his fiance are planning on returning to Canada to marry this summer, bringing with them the two children. What avenues does she have to take to ensure she can bring the children over to Canada for permanent residency? The father has visitation rights.
Thank-you!
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 10:14 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Sole custody parent moving out of country

If the father has visitation rights and he files a petition for her not to move with the kids, then she can't do it. She is free to move where ever she wants, but she will not be able to take the kids with her.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1817 times