WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody & Support > help with visitation: ex wife won't allow my girlfriend to pick up my boys

help with visitation: ex wife won't allow my girlfriend to pick up my boys

This is a discussion on help with visitation: ex wife won't allow my girlfriend to pick up my boys within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; my ex wife has recently decided that she won't allow my girlfriend to pick up my boys on my days.my ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default help with visitation: ex wife won't allow my girlfriend to pick up my boys

my ex wife has recently decided that she won't allow my girlfriend to pick up my boys on my days.my girlfriend has been able to many times before. i don't have a license so sometimes it was easier to have her pick them up. can she stop her from getting them when we already meet at a public place and they do not speak to each other. my boys love my girlfriend and she dose them too.i got a new job and i won't get home till 630, the pick up time is 500. i don't want my boys to lose there time with us the ex says i can't get them any later but i have to work what can i do?
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 10:58 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: help with visitation: ex wife won't allow my girlfriend to pick up my boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my ex wife has recently decided that she won't allow my girlfriend to pick up my boys on my days.my girlfriend has been able to many times before.i don't have a liscense so sometimes it was easier to have her pick them up .can she stop her from getting them when we already meet at a public place and they do not speak to each other. my boys love my girlfriend and she dose them too.i got a new job and i won't get home till 630,the pick up time is 500.i don't want my boys to lose there time with us the ex says i can't get them any later but i have to work what can i do?
You must revisit court and ask that your girlfriend be a designated person for pick ups and drop offs due to your lack of license.

As it stands right now, she can refuse to allow the children to go with the girlfriend.

If you don't currently have a court order regarding custody/visitation, you best get one ASAP.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: help with visitation: ex wife won't allow my girlfriend to pick up my boys

in our paper work it says that we can have another party pick up the kids do to the fact that every time i go she starts fights and has tried to run me over with my kids in the car.she brings her boyfriend and he has tried to fight me before so for a while i had to have the cops come out everytime we had to meet to get the kids to make sure it was civil.

Old Feb 20th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: help with visitation: ex wife won't allow my girlfriend to pick up my boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
in our paper work it says that we can have another party pick up the kids do to the fact that every time i go she starts fights and has tried to run me over with my kids in the car.she brings her boyfriend and he has tried to fight me before so for a while i had to have the cops come out everytime we had to meet to get the kids to make sure it was civil.
Keep her behavior and actions well documented.

You might want to provide your girlfriend with a copy of the order that states another party can pick your children up, and have her take it to the police station when your ex refuses to allow the children to go with her.

Sad as it is, you're going to have to take your ex back to court. She's indulging in parental alienation and it must be stopped ASAP.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3137 times