separation agreement has not been filed at the court house

This is a discussion on separation agreement has not been filed at the court house within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I live in sc. My wife and I have been separated sense Aug 1st. We have a separation agreemnet signed ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #1
zappa2000's Flag is: United States

Default separation agreement has not been filed at the court house

I live in sc. My wife and I have been separated sense Aug 1st. We have a separation agreemnet signed and notirized and agreed to by both parties, but has not been filed at the court house. I have run into issues with the mutualy agreed to custody with my daughter. She is 14 says she doesnt want to stay at my house and ex isnt making her. Agreement was 7 days on 7 days off. Police say I have no rights because papers were not filed in court and signed by judge. Whay can I do to resolve this issue ?
zappa2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: separation agreement has not been filed at the court house

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa2000 View Post
I live in sc. My wife and I have been separated sense Aug 1st. We have a separation agreemnet signed and notirized and agreed to by both parties, but has not been filed at the court house. I have run into issues with the mutualy agreed to custody with my daughter. She is 14 says she doesnt want to stay at my house and ex isnt making her. Agreement was 7 days on 7 days off. Police say I have no rights because papers were not filed in court and signed by judge. Whay can I do to resolve this issue ?
File in court. Problem solved.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #3
zappa2000's Flag is: United States

Ex is the one who wanted the separation she was suposed to file and have me sumoned but hasnt. Can I just do it myself
zappa2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa2000 View Post
Ex is the one who wanted the separation she was suposed to file and have me sumoned but hasnt. Can I just do it myself
Yes, you can file yourself.

Old Dec 30th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #5
RVR411's Flag is: United States

Default Re: separation agreement has not been filed at the court house

Im not sure if you were married.... But if you are married and it has not leagally been court docmented that u are seperated/divorced. You have just as much rights to the child as she does.. Especially if there was not a custody hearing.. In the end you will have to have a hearing and I believe the child in the courts eyes is old enough to decide where she would like to live.. Unless it is not in the BEST interest of the child.
RVR411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1952 times