WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody & Support > contempt of court: how to punish the mother for not following a court order

contempt of court: how to punish the mother for not following a court order

This is a discussion on contempt of court: how to punish the mother for not following a court order within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; first of all it is my bussiness when my husband asks for my help. i dont get in the court ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

 

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #21
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: contempt of court: how to punish the mother for not following a court order

first of all it is my bussiness when my husband asks for my help. i dont get in the court bussiness. i let him handle it. i am just trying to figure out what to do now. looks like we will be going back to court. thank you to the ppl that were nice and helpful. i aint got nuttin for those who were *******s. dont understand why ppl have to b so cruel when i am just asking for a little advice. but oh well that is life!!
  Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #22
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Angry Re: contempt of court: how to punish the mother for not following a court order

My ex wife is Planning a vacation on my holiday visitation with my children.She knows this is my Christmas to have them . Court order says switch holidays . Is she contempt
  Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #23
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: contempt of court: how to punish the mother for not following a court order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for the nice person that posted: the problem is that we have a court order for his name to be changed and she wont do it!!! social security will not let my husband do it bc he is not the legal guardian. that is contempt of court in my book and against the law!! if he was in contempt they would be quit to throw him in jail. for the 2nd person who replied rudely: it is my f**in bussiness bc the child comes to my house and i treat him like he is my own. just bc he aint my kid dont mean i dont care about him. we are a family. and for the spelling and puncutation. have ya ever heard of short hand. oh and i guess your one of those b**** ass moms like she is that would do anything to throw their baby daddy in jail!!
WE dont have anything-this is dad's issue to deal with. you are not a party to anything concerning HIS children. just because you are married to dad doesnt give you rights or standing to his children. you are not mom.legally this doesnt concern you. you are noone legally. stay out of it before it causes dad problems.is that clear enough for you. it doesnt matter if the child comes to your house or what you do for the child or how much you love him, you are not his mother.therefore it is not your business.
  Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #24
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: contempt of court: how to punish the mother for not following a court order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
first of all it is my bussiness when my husband asks for my help. i dont get in the court bussiness. i let him handle it. i am just trying to figure out what to do now. looks like we will be going back to court. thank you to the ppl that were nice and helpful. i aint got nuttin for those who were *******s. dont understand why ppl have to b so cruel when i am just asking for a little advice. but oh well that is life!!
I would be very wary of allowing a person with your "feelings" and attitude around my children.

You'd be better off turning your attention to learning how to read, write, and spell (and speak) properly.

You certainly are no role model for any child.
  Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #25
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: contempt of court: how to punish the mother for not following a court order

I know it is hard to remain "unemotional" or detached from the situation. I know personally. Nine years of hardache and pain from my ex wife and her multitude of court ordered contempts. Partially my fault in remaining complacent and letting her to continue to control me. Though over the years I have learned to not let my emotions control me. Cool, well chosen decisions, and consistancy now wins conflicts.

In contrast, sideline yourself. Give support. But keep distance. You'll understand in time.
  Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #26
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: contempt of court: how to punish the mother for not following a court order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
WE dont have anything-this is dad's issue to deal with. you are not a party to anything concerning HIS children. just because you are married to dad doesnt give you rights or standing to his children. you are not mom.legally this doesnt concern you. you are noone legally. stay out of it before it causes dad problems.is that clear enough for you. it doesnt matter if the child comes to your house or what you do for the child or how much you love him, you are not his mother.therefore it is not your business.
You must be a mother with a father that is married to another woman. Jealousy is all it. Get over yourself, because they are this woman's STEP-CHILDREN. She might not be BIRTH MOM, but she is STEP-MOM. It does matter to this woman and it does affect her and her life.
And to answer your question, you can take the mother to court. Have the father's attorney file a contempt clause. One time may not be enough for a change of custody but by the third time they will most likely do a change of custody. Good Luck.
  Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #27
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default Re: contempt of court: how to punish the mother for not following a court order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You must be a mother with a father that is married to another woman. Jealousy is all it. Get over yourself, because they are this woman's STEP-CHILDREN. She might not be BIRTH MOM, but she is STEP-MOM. It does matter to this woman and it does affect her and her life.
And to answer your question, you can take the mother to court. Have the father's attorney file a contempt clause. One time may not be enough for a change of custody but by the third time they will most likely do a change of custody. Good Luck.
Making generalizations about people on here is really counterproductive and is often-times inaccurate.

Legally, it really is not the step-parent's business and many judges will tell them so.

You might not like the delivery of the message. It may come across as jealousy or vindictiveness or what-have you. You clearly reacted emotionally instead of responding. There is a difference between reacting and responding.

The fact remains - however - that the step-parents involved with spouses who have issues of child custody with a former spouse is something they must step back from and let their spouse handle. Judges do not appreciate step-parents getting involved and many times it only backfires for the spouses they're trying to emotionally support.
  Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #28
Junior Member
Country:  
matreania's Flag is: United States
 

matreania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1

Default Re: contempt of court: how to punish the mother for not following a court order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Making generalizations about people on here is really counterproductive and is often-times inaccurate.

Legally, it really is not the step-parent's business and many judges will tell them so.

You might not like the delivery of the message. It may come across as jealousy or vindictiveness or what-have you. You clearly reacted emotionally instead of responding. There is a difference between reacting and responding.

The fact remains - however - that the step-parents involved with spouses who have issues of child custody with a former spouse is something they must step back from and let their spouse handle. Judges do not appreciate step-parents getting involved and many times it only backfires for the spouses they're trying to emotionally support.
in court you are correct, but unfortunately, as a step-mother myself, she is in it. yes, she will have to step back, but at the step she is at she doesn't. only in court would it be best for her to keep silent, but in getting information, like this is, relevant answers would be all that should be stated. for you to assume you know what a step-mother should feel, do and how they should ask for help is stupid. we are all different but the good step-parents want to help keep that family feeling in the child when they go from one house to the next. making the child's everyday experiences part of our business, which strongly includes ill relations between the biological parents.

you will have to go back to court and like it was already said, it may take more than once and if it continues custody may change hands. the benefit of the child would be to get this corrected asap. but in court and in the child's visits, you should just stay out of it, unless put in it. options and ideas on what to do, should only be between you are your husband, for the most part. dad has to deal with everything, as if it was all him, it will be documents that way for the child to understand that you are there for him, through this, while dad is fighting to help make life as easy as it can be in this situation.
matreania is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Reply

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 27 replies and has been viewed 10571 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Format Your Messages
Add Forum to Google Toolbar
Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Filing out a contempt of court order for New York Melissa67 Child Custody & Support 4 Apr 11th, 2013 02:02 PM
Mother abandoned son, and now going against court order Mbutler4 Child Custody & Support 3 Aug 1st, 2012 10:40 AM
contempt of court: my ex has violated the order Unregistered Miscellaneous Topics 2 Oct 22nd, 2010 10:48 AM
Violating Court Order: Can I go to the court and file for Contempt? islandergrl Other Family Law Matters 1 May 8th, 2009 07:59 AM
contempt of court order visitation jryank Child Custody & Support 2 Jun 17th, 2008 08:46 PM


International Law Issues?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.