URGENT, HELP! What can I do in order to be free from my dad?

This is a discussion on URGENT, HELP! What can I do in order to be free from my dad? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; My sister and I live in the state of North Carolina. When i was 14 and she was 12, our ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Nov 4th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #1
Fish's Flag is: United States

Unhappy URGENT, HELP! What can I do in order to be free from my dad?

My sister and I live in the state of North Carolina. When i was 14 and she was 12, our parents resolved custody through court with the judges verdict being rotating custody of Friday-to-Friday mom and Friday-to-Friday dad. After two D.S.S. investigations suggesting that we live solely with mom due to dad's physical, emotional, and mental abuse. Nothing has been done. I am now 17, have a job, all A's and B's in school, am a junior in high school, and have my own transportation. My sister is 15, unemployed, all A's in school, a freshman in high school, and i am her transportation. My mom is unemployed and my dad is a lawyer. What are my own and my sister's rights for deciding our current residence/custody? What are my working rights? What can I do in order to be free from my dad?
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Nov 4th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: URGENT, HELP! What can I do in order to be free from my dad?

I wish to inform you that you may seek emancipation. In this regard under Chapter 7B, Subchapter 4, Article 35 you may file a petition for emancipation. Alternatively your mother may apply to court for modification of child custody. In matters relating to child custody it is the best interest of child which is taken into consideration and therefore mother can have custody. Further mother can also seek child support to meet expenses of child. The minimum age for emancipation is 16 years therefore you may only have emancipation but your sister cannot have.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: URGENT, HELP! What can I do in order to be free from my dad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post

My sister and I live in the state of North Carolina. When i was 14 and she was 12, our parents resolved custody through court with the judges verdict being rotating custody of Friday-to-Friday mom and Friday-to-Friday dad. After two D.S.S. investigations suggesting that we live solely with mom due to dad's physical, emotional, and mental abuse. Nothing has been done. I am now 17, have a job, all A's and B's in school, am a junior in high school, and have my own transportation. My sister is 15, unemployed, all A's in school, a freshman in high school, and i am her transportation. My mom is unemployed and my dad is a lawyer. What are my own and my sister's rights for deciding our current residence/custody? What are my working rights? What can I do in order to be free from my dad?
the only thing you can do-turn 18. untill then your are under the control of your parents and you cannot live anywhere else or with anyone else without their permission.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
abuse, custody, custody battle, rights

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 719 times