Texas child support unconstitutional

This is a discussion on Texas child support unconstitutional within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I am looking for additional people to help pursue an unconstitutional finding by the state supreme court. It is my ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 01:15 PM   #1
legal rights's Flag is: United States

Default Texas child support unconstitutional

I am looking for additional people to help pursue an unconstitutional finding by the state supreme court. It is my belief through research that the distric courts and Attorney General of Texas has willingly and knowingly violated its citizens constitutional rights. Section 18 of the Texas bill of rights states that no citizen of Texas may ever be imprissioned for debt. (THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION**ARTICLE 5. JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT)
By imprisioning young fathers and mothers for this debt they have knowingly violated This section of the bill of rights.Please contact me if you have been done this way or are at risk of being done this way. I am seeking to file a petition to the court of appeals on this issue and the more people who are asking for relief on this issue the better.
Thanks, legal rights
legal rights is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Texas child support unconstitutional

Quote:
Originally Posted by legal rights View Post
I am looking for additional people to help pursue an unconstitutional finding by the state supreme court. It is my belief through research that the distric courts and Attorney General of Texas has willingly and knowingly violated its citizens constitutional rights. Section 18 of the Texas bill of rights states that no citizen of Texas may ever be imprissioned for debt. (THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION**ARTICLE 5. JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT)
By imprisioning young fathers and mothers for this debt they have knowingly violated This section of the bill of rights.Please contact me if you have been done this way or are at risk of being done this way. I am seeking to file a petition to the court of appeals on this issue and the more people who are asking for relief on this issue the better.
Thanks, legal rights
I have not researched the area you are pursuing, but am in the process of researching the Guidelines as a whole. I believe that the current guidelines are illegal as they violate equal protection (they are obligor-only guidelines and do not take into account the other parent's income), they automatically assume the non-custodial parent (normally men) are the obligor's without regard to income, among a laundry list of other things. They also violate Federal Law as they are not based on a sound economic study.
Thanks,

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #3
Unregistered

It's the same way in NC. Child support is the ONLY debt you can be jailed for...it's outrageous. How in the hell can you pay anything if you are behind bars?

Old Dec 8th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's the same way in NC. Child support is the ONLY debt you can be jailed for...it's outrageous. How in the hell can you pay anything if you are behind bars?
And that is the crux of trying to figure out the (fuzzy) logic of our supposed "justice system".

It is entirely counterproductive to jail anyone for failure to meet their personal familial obligations. It causes taxpayer burden even more to jail a person, take away all of their licenses (including driver's) and essentially make these people even more of a tax burden on society than they were to their own child.

Family court and state welfare is a very lucrative, well oiled machine. It is of no consequence to either venue that it's the taxpayers who are getting the most screwed by being forced to financially support unwed mothers, their illegitimate children, and the fathers to these children.

Old Dec 13th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #5
Unregistered

I am in Texas and have been placed on probational status for being unable to pay child support while unemployed for 9 months. How can I contact you directly?

Old Jan 7th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #6
legal rights's Flag is: United States

For those who asked how they can contact me my email is raven75440@hotmail.com
legal rights is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 03:38 PM   #7
Unregistered

Its amazing how fast some of these nonpaying NCP come up with money once they are faced with jail. CHILDREN NEED CHILD SUPPORT... pay it and don't go to jail.. its that simple.

I think many more nonpayers should be in jail...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 04:00 PM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
Its amazing how fast some of these nonpaying NCP come up with money once they are faced with jail. CHILDREN NEED CHILD SUPPORT... pay it and don't go to jail.. its that simple.

I think many more nonpayers should be in jail...
Yes, they somehow "come up with it" by sitting in jail with no job, no occupational license, driver's license (because all of those get suspended), and let's just force us taxpayers to pay for other people's children even more by housing these "inmates" for failing to live up to their extremely personal obligations in life.

My taxpayer money goes towards enough welfare for supporting other people's children. I have no desire for one dollar of my tax money to go towards housing people who decide not to pay arbitrary child support.

Women are usually the custodial parents. Don't they know before they have these children that they cannot afford to raise them? Don't bring children into the world if you need everyone else's money to support them.

Children need parents who are responsible, and who get married BEFORE deciding to have them. Why can one parent be "neglectful" and be put in jail for it but the other parent who is just as irresponsible gets all the freebies and doesn't have to "pay" for being neglectful towards their own children?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 05:30 PM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Why can one parent be "neglectful" and be put in jail for it but the other parent who is just as irresponsible gets all the freebies and doesn't have to "pay" for being neglectful towards their own children?
You are exactly right!! The fathers get put in jail all the time for it but the mothers get freebies and never go to jail.

Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 06:05 PM   #10
Unregistered

Here's a thought... Why can't men get welfare so that they can pay their child support? Shouldn't it work both ways?

Bookmark & Share

Tags
constitutional rights, child support, legal appeals process, non custodial parent

This thread has 35 replies and has been viewed 5455 times