Leaving home at 17 in Missouri... Can I live out of state?

This is a discussion on Leaving home at 17 in Missouri... Can I live out of state? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I recently found out you can legally move out of your parents home in Missouri at 17. How do I ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 04:39 PM   #1
jelabella

Exclamation Leaving home at 17 in Missouri... Can I live out of state?

I recently found out you can legally move out of your parents home in Missouri at 17. How do I go through with this? Also I was wondering if this law will apply to me even if I leave the state. I would be planning on living in Florida or Washington state which law states you can leave your parents home at 18. Could I leave MO under law to move out at 17 to live in Florida or Washington?
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Default Re: Leaving home at 17 in Missouri... Can I live out of state?

Normally you are governed by the law of the state you are in as well, so in a state that says 18, you could be returned under their law even if your own state did not require it.

If you are formally emancipated that normally is valid nationwide.
olive is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
child custody, minor, missouri law, moving out at 17 in missouri

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 2013 times