Stressed... How can I take my ex-husband back to court?

This is a discussion on Stressed... How can I take my ex-husband back to court? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; How can I take my ex-husband back to court to get revisions in my parenting plan. He has not kept ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #1
BSmithEverett's Flag is: United States

Default Stressed... How can I take my ex-husband back to court?

How can I take my ex-husband back to court to get revisions in my parenting plan. He has not kept me informed of decisions he has made without my concent with medical, educational, and religeous concerns. What is my options to his contempt of court?

Becky
BSmithEverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Stressed... How can I take my ex-husband back to court?

Make sure you have documented evidence to prove contempt and go to your local family courthouse and petition for a Motion for Contempt. Before filing that, however, it's usually the best idea to file a Motion to Enforce. Your courthouse will provide you with those forms.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #3

I am in Washington State.

Some please help...I am at my witts end trying to help my children.

Becky

Old Oct 5th, 2010, 12:36 AM   #4
Unregistered

Are you having joint custody on the child or are you the non-custodial parent?

Old Oct 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSmithEverett View Post
Some please help...I am at my witts end trying to help my children.

Becky
Did you fail to read the responses? Someone already answered your question. Please pay attention.

Old Oct 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #6

We have joint decision making for education, medical, and religeous things, but I am the non-custodial parent at this point. I am wanting to get custody of my children as my son is in possible medical danger and my ex husband doesn't seem to care. I am very concerned about his well being...

Old Oct 14th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #7
Unregistered

In what way is your son in medical danger?

Non-custodial parents are constantly levying neglect complaints against the custodial parent. It's textbook.

If you have compelling evidence that you are the better custodial parent, by all means, petition the court for custody.

If you have joint decision making powers, it sounds like the only thing you don't have is primary residency.

Old Oct 19th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #8

My son is epileptic and hasn't seen a doctor in over 2 years. He is showing signs of possible seizure activity, but no one that is around him knows what they are looking at. He is now getting tension headaches, and I was the one that took him to the doctor to find out why. If I try to take my son to the doctor for a check-up since his father won't his father yells at me for trying to take care of our son. I am not crying "I'm better then you", but it is true that I am trying to help our son hence the reason for wanting custody.

Old Oct 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSmithEverett View Post
My son is epileptic and hasn't seen a doctor in over 2 years. He is showing signs of possible seizure activity, but no one that is around him knows what they are looking at. He is now getting tension headaches, and I was the one that took him to the doctor to find out why. If I try to take my son to the doctor for a check-up since his father won't his father yells at me for trying to take care of our son. I am not crying "I'm better then you", but it is true that I am trying to help our son hence the reason for wanting custody.
If you have joint decision making rights, then tell your husband to pound sand up his a s s when he starts to mouth off about your son's medical treatment. Take your son to the doctor anyway.

If he actually tries to block you from getting your son medical attention, then he is in contempt of the court order and you can file a Motion to Enforce. If that fails to bring him back to reality as far as his control wielding, then take him back to court on a Motion for Contempt. He can lose custody completely if he violates the order enough and you take him to court each time he violates it.

Good luck to you.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 3122 times