my child's father won't provide health insurance

This is a discussion on my child's father won't provide health insurance within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; My child's father is ordered to provide health insurance. The child support worker told me that he has until Friday ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 04:38 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default my child's father won't provide health insurance

My child's father is ordered to provide health insurance. The child support worker told me that he has until Friday to turn in the health insurance card for our child or cash medical will be added to the support case. Well that would be only $30 a month and quite frankly thas not enough to care for our child's health. my child needs health insuruance. Is there any way to dispute this decision? Are there other ways to enforce the order to provide health insurance? Our child does not need $30 a month. She needs health coverage. Can I challenge child support's decision to add cash medical in an effort to get health insurance?
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 05:05 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: my child's father won't provide health insurance

If you don't have health insurance, and he won't provide, most of the social service agencies in local areas help you get medicaid or health choice for children. If he won't provide, try to get the free help. Some is better than none at all. Even if he paid the $30 a month, that would be half of a normal health insurance payment anyway so he'd be paying his half.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 05:21 PM   #3
Unregistered

If he was ordered by the court to provide it, and he's not complying, take him back for Contempt.

Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 11:02 PM   #4

This situation is reversed . . . I am paying child support 800.00 a month for one child a month and the mother now wants me to pay for health insurance (I have three other children). She is single, lives with her parents, brother, and with her son. One parent is retired, the mother is working, brother working, and she is working also. She is trying to drain me dry . . . I have five more days to contest this order. She wanted me to pay for her son to attend private school and the judge said that he was not in agreement with me be responsbile for paying for his education when he could go to a neighboring school. $800.00 is for child care (he is seven and his grandparents pick him up). My mother use to watch him, buy clothes and take him different places but she stopped that. WHEN does one of the parents stop using the child as a toy. What rights do I have . . her lawyer says none .....just pay.

Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 11:42 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
This situation is reversed . . . I am paying child support 800.00 a month for one child a month and the mother now wants me to pay for health insurance (I have three other children). She is single, lives with her parents, brother, and with her son. One parent is retired, the mother is working, brother working, and she is working also. She is trying to drain me dry . . . I have five more days to contest this order. She wanted me to pay for her son to attend private school and the judge said that he was not in agreement with me be responsbile for paying for his education when he could go to a neighboring school. $800.00 is for child care (he is seven and his grandparents pick him up). My mother use to watch him, buy clothes and take him different places but she stopped that. WHEN does one of the parents stop using the child as a toy. What rights do I have . . her lawyer says none .....just pay.
If you have three other children, the first thing I'd do is have my child support modified. With three other children to take care of, it should be substantially lower than $800 a month, unless you are making really good money.
If you aren't making that great of a paycheck and the child support is draining you, like it does so many of us (they take everything and expect us to live on the streets) you can always apply for your son to get government health insurance. Or you could petition the courts that you will provide health insurance if SHE covers 100% of the uninsured costs (meaning if you pay the deductible and there's still say $500 owing on the bill that the insurance doesn't cover, she can pay that).

Old Oct 10th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #6
Unregistered

The very first thing I noticed about your post is that you kept referring to your own child as "her son".

He is your son as well. I really hope that you treat him as well as your other 3 children. Are you married by chance and was she a girlfriend on the side?

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 3219 times