Have been abused by child and children services

This is a discussion on Have been abused by child and children services within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; In the 16 years I have been the mother of my daughter, I have never been accused of child abuse. ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Have been abused by child and children services

In the 16 years I have been the mother of my daughter, I have never been accused of child abuse. I also have an 8 year old daughter and she has also stated their is no abuse in my home. Because my daughter was caught talking online with a 20 year old and seeing him behind my back, she decided that if I wouldn't let her see him, she would scream child abuse to children services. If anyone has been abused, it is me and my youngest child. We both have been repeatedly hit and I have been beaten up to the point where I can not even get out of bed. Children Services has made my life a living hell. I have not been charged with anything but have been told that if I try to get my daughter emotional help and she still does not want to come home, she will be placed in foster care and they will begin a case about my youngest. I have been embarassed, my life looked at through a microscope and basically, in so many words have been treated like a criminal. Even though they have not found anything substantiating this. It is a he said, she said case. I have agreed to let my daughter go to live with her Uncle in California but he has said he would only like to have her for the summer until he can decide if he wants custody. What happens to me if my daughter gets into trouble out there and I still am her legal guardian. What happens if she drives a car and hits someone? I am still legally responsible for her actions and could be sued. After everything my daughter has put me through, and children services, I feel that I would prefer to give up my parental rights in order to protect myself from legal litigation or further trouble by my daughter. How do I do this and what are my rights? Please help
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Law200's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Have been abused by child and children services

You are still responsible until age 18 unless a court order provides otherwise.
Law200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1065 times