Finding a father trying to avoid child support & dna testing

This is a discussion on Finding a father trying to avoid child support & dna testing within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Hi I am the mother of a 6 month old girl. We reside in Wisconsin and the last contact I ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #1

Default Finding a father trying to avoid child support & dna testing

Hi I am the mother of a 6 month old girl. We reside in Wisconsin and the last contact I had with her father was early in my pregnancy. He didn't want the baby & said he wanted to pursue signing away his rights. About a month or so later, I discovered he had moved & shut off service to both his home & cell phone. I don't have much info on him & child support here hasn't been able to locate him. I have his full name, d.o.b., last known employer, & know he receives most health care through the V.A. hospitals.
Due to long term health problems I have, I am unable to work & denied disability income. I have no income at all & as far as Ive been able to determine, my state offers no financial help... I am desperate to keep my child. How can I find him without investing money in the search? Also what repercussions will he face for running? The local child support office has issued a warrant for his arrest, but he's a very careful driver so Im not holding out much hope the police will get him. Thank you in advance for your help & time.
killerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2010, 09:24 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Finding a father trying to avoid child support & dna testing

I wish to inform you that to locate the father of the child in a cost effective manner, you can conduct search on the internet. Firstly, you can search through people search engines which are free. You can also search people through paid people search engines. These search engines search databases, telephone directories, credit card records, advertisements, etc. and the person may be traced. You may also carry out a tel. directory search and email search. Apart from it, you may search through social networking websites. You may also contact the VA for help. They have a tel. number 1-800-827-1000 on which you can seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 5th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Unregistered

If he didn't want the baby, why did you force him to be a father? Would you anymore resent someone forcing you to be a mother?

If his paternity has not been established, it's unclear how CPS is getting away with putting out an arrest warrant on him, especially if he's not yet been ordered to pay or isn't in arrears.

The amount you will receive in child support will not go far in assisting your own cost of living. Best to get an attorney to assist you in your disability claim, and to look for another avenue in which to support yourself.

Child support is for the child. Not the mother.

Old Jul 5th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #4

Affa, Thank you very much for your reply. I have already located him through social networking. I gave all info to child support but still nothing.

To the seemingly hostile guest.... funny how the female is always at fault. He wasn't forced into bed... was forced to impregnate me. Funny how trying to find him so things can be settled one way or the other makes me a bad person. Not to mention HE wanted to have a child prior to my getting pregnant. Unfortunately we split 2 weeks before I knew & that's why he didn't want her. Since neither of us are even remotely close to being children, I think a 38 year old man running away from the situation is pretty sad. Especially since I was & AM willing to have him terminate his rights to the child instead of paying child support. I mentioned my lack of income mainly to illustrate why I needed ways to help child support find him that are free or inexpensive. Instead of persecuting people without ALL the facts, maybe you should try a little compassion for someone trying to do right by their children no matter what their situation. Especially since prior to falling ill I held down 3 jobs. I'm no welfare mother looking for a free ride. Now that I've given you far more consideration & respect than you showed me... with all due respect... go to hell. :-)

Old Jul 5th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #5
Unregistered

There is no need for "compassion" for women who do not practice safe sex, who feel it's o.k to bring children into the world without the benefit of being born legitimate, who feel it's o.k. to have children when the financial means do not exist.

Sorry, but the truth hurts. If it didn't, you would not have reacted so defensively.

Old Jul 7th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #6

Lol the truth??? Your assumptions are so far off base it's not even funny. Who said there was no birth control?? Who said I feel it's acceptable to have an illegitimate child? Keep your assumptions to yourself. The is a forum for legal advice, not for trying to rip a person to pieces. Are you a child??? For goodness sake! Grow up!!!

Old Jul 7th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #7

And I will not reply to your childish posts again so don't waste the time replying. Have a nice life

Old Jul 7th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #8
Unregistered

They aren't assumptions. They are your own admissions. If you had a child out of wedlock, having 9 months to get married once conception was determined, and you did not get married, you are o.k. with having illegitimate children. You're also o.k with knowing you cannot financially support a child but bring one into the world anyway for all of us taxpayers to be burdened with, as you knew you were not financially capable of having a child. These are your admissions. A mother cannot receive state welfare unless a father has been legally determined and child support ordered, which is why you are pursuing this.

A 38 year old man "running away" screams of a man who's been trapped by another into something he's not ready for. Obviously, his becoming a father was not a joyous occasion for him, and you admit that you're willing to not go after him for money [i\if[/i] if he terminates his parental rights. That's blackmail and extortion, but it's also a lie on your part. While terminating his parental rights has no bearing on his legal obligation to continue to pay child support, it's quite evident you have no intention of letting him off the hook that easy, as you cannot get state aid without child support. And it's clear you need money for your own cost of living, aside from your child's.

If he's been court ordered to pay child support, the law will see to it. If he's not been court ordered, he's under no obligation to pay for a child that may or may not be his.

If you feel "ripped to pieces" by a stranger typing words on a public message board, perhaps you are a bit too sensitive to be revealing your personal life on one, and need help to figure out why a total stranger's words would matter that much to you that they caused you to feel "ripped to pieces". How bizarre.

Your question has been asked and answered but you chose to hone in on the parts of the post that you felt hit a nerve. Nevertheless, your question has been asked and answered.

Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM   #9
Unregistered2

Smile Re: Finding a father trying to avoid child support & dna testing

Killerqueen. Your name says it all. Anyway, there are programs available for unwed mothers to return to school and improve their position in society after graduating. But, yes, that would mean work. You appear to have trapped someone and are now looking for a handout. Work is better for the soul.

Pull yourself up and get a job. God bless you and your daughter.

Old Jan 14th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #10
Unregistered

Just to let you know there is no law that saids I should take birth control or use a condom. U can't tell me what to do with my body. I don't c u saying to the fathers they shouldn't have sex with any girl. If they didn't they wouldn't have this problem now would they???

It doesn't matter if the father was married or not married to the mother of the child
Some women and men are together and taking care of their children and even had more without being "MARRIED" (like my brother and sister in law)

Some people are married have one child and the father doesn't want to take care of the child.

It doesn't matter who she sleep with. it falls on the father. WHY???

Because he decides if he wants to be there or not. You don't know what his next move is. If he's sweet talking u. tell you he want to marry u. you two go shopping. go out to eat, meet each others family. (I did) you take pictures with him, you pretty much did the full effect and on the road to marriage ( you might as well)

Some fathers take care of kids that are not even theirs... Sooo Don't blame the mother for trying to work out a relationship with the real father. He decide that he didn't want to be with her and he gets up and walks out of her life.

It can happen to anyone, so don't judge I'm living proof. My child father was living with me so don't say I should have known who I was sleeping with. I knew his whole family before I met him. That is how we got together, and I'm still talking to his mother till this day. Me and his cousin is best friends on facebook. You don't know what goes thought these guys minds or what their going to do. Never say never cause it can happen to you.

Save that bull to the females who give themselves to men every night and just wants to pin their problems on some innocent man. These r the females who make it hard for women like me.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 12 replies and has been viewed 8511 times