What happens if a parent fails a court ordered drug test

This is a discussion on What happens if a parent fails a court ordered drug test within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; If a parent fails a court ordered drug test, is there a chance that they may lose custody of a ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2007, 03:58 PM   #1
Unregistered

Unhappy What happens if a parent fails a court ordered drug test

If a parent fails a court ordered drug test, is there a chance that they may lose custody of a child? The father came into out daughters life after 4 years, and requested to have visitation with his child. We went to Child Support Court, and my wife hired an attorney to represent us. The father is currently on probation for selling marijuana. The attorney asked the judge if the father can take a drug test, and the judge said that if he had to take one, my wife had to take one too. We are very cautious people, and do not use marijuana regularly, it was a once in a lifetime deal. Well, he passed his drug test, and she failed hers. The attorney called her and told her that she was not going to represent her anymore for not being honest, which the attorney never asked my wife if she had used before. Now my wife was told she needed to come into court tomm. morning, and she is terrified. She is afraid that they may take her child from her. Is there a chance that this could happen? What can she expect? Please help!!
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member
judg4's Flag is: United States

Default Re: What happens if a parent fails a court ordered drug test

She may need to get counseling and take regular tests but we doubt they would take the kids away immediately. Obviously though it is not a great situation. Be cautious whenever custody issues are being addressed in court.
judg4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member
judg4's Flag is: United States

let us know what happens
judg4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2007, 07:48 AM   #4
Unregistered

and don't use drugs. you are parents.

Old May 9th, 2007, 08:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member
missingmyhubby's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The father came into out daughters life after 4 years, and requested to have visitation with his child. !
you need to stop this. the child is not "ours" she is your wife's and her ex's. thats going to cause your wife problems should it ever go to court, a judge wont be pleased.
missingmyhubby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #6
Unregistered

I would like to know what happened.

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #7
NoahGrantsMom's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyhubby View Post
you need to stop this. the child is not "ours" she is your wife's and her ex's. thats going to cause your wife problems should it ever go to court, a judge wont be pleased.
This is very untrue. I have biological and step children and would never dream of calling any of them anything other than "MY" or "OUR" (including my husband) CHILDREN! A judge would never look down or badly at a step parent that calls their step children "theirs!"
NoahGrantsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 13684 times