WORLD Law Direct Forums

WORLD Law Direct Forums (http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/)
-   Child Custody & Support (http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/child-custody-support/)
-   -   Mother tired of DHR... Alabama (http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/child-custody-support/38772-mother-tired-dhr-alabama.html)

Shellback Jul 31st, 2011 07:03 PM

Re: Mother tired of DHR... Alabama

I have an issue with DHR (Besides their incompetence and lack of accountability to anybody).
My ex-wife and I share one child together and she has two others who are younger. Something happened to one of the younger siblings (investigation ongoing) and they were taken into foster homes. The investigation had/has nothing to do with me as I live in a completely different area of town and we are divorced. My child was put into a safety plan to remain with me. However, once my ex failed a drug test I was brought into question. I told the social worker that I had used marijuana in the past because I was raised to be honest. (Won't make that mistake again). She told me I could hold off on taking one until she was ready. Once I took one I passed it. HOWEVER, now they are wanting to put me on a color coded random drug testing schedule, perform psychological evaluations and monitor my child and I behind one way glass due to my using marijuana at one point in my past. I've not failed any drug tests in my life, I'm a decorated war veteran and college junior and I'm being put through this. I was told if I fail to comply they will simply take my child into foster care with the other siblings. (With a smirk I might add). I don't know what to do.

Unregistered Jan 3rd, 2012 12:17 PM

Ok i understamd what you are going through i really do. But im a male in alabama who has been screwed by the system. Long story short my kids mother put me on child support while we were living together. So when i deciced to leave she told me she took me off, Ok nomore payments coming out of my check and we stay together for ten more years. Mind u i was at the same job for 14 years no with holding of income taxes or nothing, no letter from dhr. Now all of a sudden they send me a letter saying i owe 75000 in rears for kids whom ive been takin care offrom day one and she was a stay at home mom!!!!!! where is the justice for the dads who try to do right and still get screwed in the end?

path Jan 3rd, 2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242170)
Ok i understamd what you are going through i really do. But im a male in alabama who has been screwed by the system. Long story short my kids mother put me on child support while we were living together. So when i deciced to leave she told me she took me off, Ok nomore payments coming out of my check and we stay together for ten more years. Mind u i was at the same job for 14 years no with holding of income taxes or nothing, no letter from dhr. Now all of a sudden they send me a letter saying i owe 75000 in rears for kids whom ive been takin care offrom day one and she was a stay at home mom!!!!!! where is the justice for the dads who try to do right and still get screwed in the end?

To the best of my knowledge DHR does not deal with child support. You need to contact a child support enforcement center in your area to get back child support straight. Probably in the letter you received.

Plus this thread is over 6 months old.. not to mention I really dont understand how you can be "put on child support" while living with your kids mother and then you made the mistake of believing your childrens mother could just wave her magic wand and have that child support removed?
More than likely shes filed and is trying to get arrears. If you did not go through the proper channels and have documentation of paying child support and her taking you off than your probably s.o.l. sorry to say.

Unregistered Jan 3rd, 2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path (Post 242206)
To the best of my knowledge DHR does not deal with child support. You need to contact a child support enforcement center in your area to get back child support straight. Probably in the letter you received.

Plus this thread is over 6 months old.. not to mention I really dont understand how you can be "put on child support" while living with your kids mother and then you made the mistake of believing your childrens mother could just wave her magic wand and have that child support removed?
More than likely shes filed and is trying to get arrears. If you did not go through the proper channels and have documentation of paying child support and her taking you off than your probably s.o.l. sorry to say.

I can help clear up your confusion.

Many women lie on their welfare application and state that their child's father is not living in the same household. That is how she "put him on child support" most likely.

If there was no court order, she could "just wave her magic wand" if he was unfortunate enough to believe she could hold him legally to pay the child support without a court order.

Where's the justice? Personal responsibility takes precedence over allowing other people to make decisions for us in our lives. Just like both men and women need to make sure they are protecting themselves against accidental pregnancies, both partners must take action on our own behalf to ensure our rights are being preserved.

distressedmom Feb 9th, 2012 10:03 AM

I am seeking any advice, back in Nov.2011 the dhr was called on me by my exs grandfather, (at the time may I add I just had my spleen removed in Nov. 2011.) As just coming out of the hospital dhr drug tested me, my case worker had informed I had passed which I knew I would, and the case was closed, now 3 months later they come back out saying I failed, I complex partial seizures and currently take a bunch of meds. This is harassment in my book, plz help

Unregistered Feb 17th, 2012 11:38 AM

dhr in alabama is scary. is there a goverment group that looks into what they do?

InNeedOfHelp Feb 21st, 2012 02:49 PM

I was a foster child because of my mothers abuse and that automatically made my son a foster child, I got married and emancipated at 18 and got out of custody every since then I have been fighting for the custody of my son I will be 21 soon so this has been a long drawn out process.... I have never abused nor neglected my son and they just refuse to give him too me they make all the excuses in the world. The last excuse was that since my son was a foster child for 3 years that now they have to start TPR (termination of parental rights) but that is sooo unlawful because for 2 of those years I was in foster care too.. I don't know what else to do, I don't have family so they think I will be unfit and not have a support system. But I've always had a job and a decent home for my son to live in, I've never done drugs or been in trouble with the law and I have an amazing foster family and a group of friends that I have known for years but DHR doesnt care about that. I feel so lost and I just don't know where else to turn or what else to do. My son will be five this year and I will not be able to see him go to kindergarten or evenwatch him grow up and the lady who has him is so evil. She was my very first foster parent and now she is going to adopt him and I'm wondering is it to late or what can I possibly do. PLEASE someone with any advice or help please contact me.

205-427-5986
adrianrenee31@yahoo.com

Sincerly
A Broken-Hearted Mother

sissy nicole Mar 28th, 2012 06:11 PM

hello i am sissy and i am from alabama too. and for the most dhr has taken my kids too. and i have been trying to get them back into my home for a good long time! i dont know why they want to take the ones kids who are doing well and tring hard to do for them but i am sick of them they have said i was a bad mother and i have taken care of my kids and never cared for them well i am the one who has always been there for them and not there father or anyone eles! my oldest is 18 and al ready married but i still have 2 that is with dhr. i am looking for someone to help me as well as u are and i wish we all could get together one day and see where we all can take a stand there has got to be one way or another here. we need someone to hear or crys for our kids and not just push us all off to the side so if u know any one who is also going thorugh the same lets all meet on line and see what can be done about them cause they are worng for what they are doing to families and our kids and our homes..i have even wanted to conact the gov and others but have not got any where with any thing my lawyer that was gave to me by the courts stop working my case just cause i could not be in her office everyday. the kids lawyer ask them one day in court if they were ready to come home and they said yes and then he turned to me and ask me the same and i said yes i 2want my kids at home with me but he left the room and the well all went into the judges room and the judge ask if they thought that the kids were ready to come home and he said no i dont think they are and never will be! i have had a work to put her hands on me in front of my kids and the same woker to go back and put in my case that she let my kids move back into the home with me and she did not.. i have take all the classes and also did everything they wanted me to do and still nothing..i sit every day and talk with my kids and cry cause they are hurtting badly and i dont know how much more i can take of it! so if u or any one eles would like to take a stand with me and lets fight this to the end please let me know i would really love the help and it would help u all too.. thankyou alot.
sissy

Jillian1205 Aug 20th, 2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sissy nicole (Post 251382)
hello i am sissy and i am from alabama too. and for the most dhr has taken my kids too. and i have been trying to get them back into my home for a good long time! i dont know why they want to take the ones kids who are doing well and tring hard to do for them but i am sick of them they have said i was a bad mother and i have taken care of my kids and never cared for them well i am the one who has always been there for them and not there father or anyone eles! my oldest is 18 and al ready married but i still have 2 that is with dhr. i am looking for someone to help me as well as u are and i wish we all could get together one day and see where we all can take a stand there has got to be one way or another here. we need someone to hear or crys for our kids and not just push us all off to the side so if u know any one who is also going thorugh the same lets all meet on line and see what can be done about them cause they are worng for what they are doing to families and our kids and our homes..i have even wanted to conact the gov and others but have not got any where with any thing my lawyer that was gave to me by the courts stop working my case just cause i could not be in her office everyday. the kids lawyer ask them one day in court if they were ready to come home and they said yes and then he turned to me and ask me the same and i said yes i 2want my kids at home with me but he left the room and the well all went into the judges room and the judge ask if they thought that the kids were ready to come home and he said no i dont think they are and never will be! i have had a work to put her hands on me in front of my kids and the same woker to go back and put in my case that she let my kids move back into the home with me and she did not.. i have take all the classes and also did everything they wanted me to do and still nothing..i sit every day and talk with my kids and cry cause they are hurtting badly and i dont know how much more i can take of it! so if u or any one eles would like to take a stand with me and lets fight this to the end please let me know i would really love the help and it would help u all too.. thankyou alot.
sissy

Sissy,
I totally agree w/ you about forming a group to help with holding DHR accountable for the things they do (or don't do) The judicial system along with AL DHR are all corrupt in my opinion. I wish you well, it's hard to just sit back and do nothing when you've done all that you can and all they have asked you to do!

Cjl Jun 20th, 2013 09:41 PM

[QUOTE=sissy nicole;251382]hello i am sissy and i am from alabama too. and for the most dhr has taken my kids too. and i have been trying to get them back into my home for a good long time! i dont know why they want to take the ones kids who are doing well and tring hard to do for them but i am sick of them they have said i was a bad mother and i have taken care of my kids and never cared for them well i am the one who has always been there for them and not there father or anyone eles! my oldest is 18 and al ready married but i still have 2 that is with dhr. i am looking for someone to help me as well as u are and i wish we all could get together one day and see where we all can take a stand there has got to be one way or another here. we need someone to hear or crys for our kids and not just push us all off to the side so if u know any one who is also going thorugh the same lets all meet on line and see what can be done about them cause they are worng for what they are doing to families and our kids and our homes..i have even wanted to conact the gov and others but have not got any where with any thing my lawyer that was gave to me by the courts stop working my case just cause i could not be in her office everyday. the kids lawyer ask them one day in court if they were ready to come home and they said yes and then he turned to me and ask me the same and i said yes i 2want my kids at home with me but he left the room and the well all went into the judges room and the judge ask if they thought that the kids were ready to come home and he said no i dont think they are and never will be! i have had a work to put her hands on me in front of my kids and the same woker to go back and put in my case that she let my kids move back into the home with me and she did not.. i have take all the classes and also did everything they wanted me to do and still nothing..i sit every day and talk with my kids and cry cause they are hurtting badly and i dont know how much more i can take of it! so if u or any one eles would like to take a stand with me and lets fight this to the end please let me know i would really love the help and it would help u all too.. thankyou alot.
sissy[/QUOTE