Change a current order of placement - Wisconsin

This is a discussion on Change a current order of placement - Wisconsin within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I have a current order that states that we have joint custody and that the father has primary placement and ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Unregistered

Question Change a current order of placement - Wisconsin

I have a current order that states that we have joint custody and that the father has primary placement and I have secondary placement. There is a stipulation in the order that if the father becomes incarcerated that the I get primary placement. I want to enforce this within the courts. My son currently is staying with me in my home and his father is in jail. I would like to file some papers with the courts to enforce my rights as a mother. My sons father was arrested on drug charges and was taken at his place of employment. When he is released he will no longer have a job, but I am unsure if he will be able to post bond because it is set at $100,000 which he would have to pay 10% of it to be released. I want to ensure my sons well being and for him to have a safe home. I do not want him to return to his fathers home because he cannot be trusted. I would like to establish primary placement, but I am unsure of what papers to file. Please help I cannot afford an attorney and there is no funding to help with pro-bono attorneys. I live in Wisconsin and his father lives in Illinois. The current court order is in Wisconsin.
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:04 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Change a current order of placement - Wisconsin

I wish to inform you that a change in child custody order is possible in Wisconsin. You will have to approach the court which issued the child custody order. In this, you will have to move a Motion for modification of child custody order. You can bring to the notice of the court that the father of the child is in jail for drug charges. It is not safe for your son to be with his father on his return from jail. The court will consider the best interests of the child and decide the matter. You can seek assistance from Legal Aid or even self represent yourself in the court.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #3
msg
Top Level Member
msg's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Change a current order of placement - Wisconsin

You might ask on the home page here if the lawyers could help you draft the motions that you could use in court on your own. Many people do file these types of requests without counsel if funds are an issue.

Also see if the local court has any forms they might direct you to.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
custody, filing for sole custody, placement, primary, wisconsin

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2265 times