WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody & Support > Can I take my son out of state without being arrested for parental kidnapping?

Can I take my son out of state without being arrested for parental kidnapping?

This is a discussion on Can I take my son out of state without being arrested for parental kidnapping? within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I am legally separated and during that separation had a child of my husband. My husbands name is on the ...

View Poll Results: Should I take my son out of state?

Yes, you have the right. 0 0%
No, stay in the state. 0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #1

Default Can I take my son out of state without being arrested for parental kidnapping?

I am legally separated and during that separation had a child of my husband. My husbands name is on the birth certificate. He doesn't pay any support or anything, and there isn't a custody order for the baby. Can I go out of state for a few months without being arrested for parental kidnapping?
mamaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Can I take my son out of state without being arrested for parental kidnapping?

I wish to inform you that if you intend to shift with the child to some other state then you may require a court order in this regard. You can inform court about the necessity and that it is in the best interest of child. Court considers best interest of child and will then decide. You may not be collecting child support but this does not mean that you may take child to other state without informing other parent or without court order.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #3

Default re: Can I take my son out of state without being arrested for parental kidnapping?

I have no money, no car, and no place to live. My husband pretty much abandoned me. I can't afford any kind of legal help or even get to a courthouse. I was under the impression that as long as I didn't move to another state I would be okay to go to another state for about a month and a half.
mamaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof2 View Post
I have no money, no car, and no place to live. My husband pretty much abandoned me. I can't afford any kind of legal help or even get to a courthouse. I was under the impression that as long as I didn't move to another state I would be okay to go to another state for about a month and a half.
Hello I have a foundation for abandon moms in need. Email me if I can be of any help
Jon.cheetah.Rubio@Gmail.com

Old Dec 19th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member
path's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Can I take my son out of state without being arrested for parental kidnapping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof2 View Post
I am legally separated and during that separation had a child of my husband. My husbands name is on the birth certificate. He doesn't pay any support or anything, and there isn't a custody order for the baby. Can I go out of state for a few months without being arrested for parental kidnapping?
Pretty sure you can go where ever you want with your child, for whatever reason you see fit.
My ex wife took both our kids 1000 miles away right before we got divorced. There was no legal action I could take since she was their mother. While going through the divorce there was nothing I could do to prevent her from showing up at the kids school and taking them any time she chose to do that.
As a mother with nothing legal involving the child custody, you have every right to take your child where ever you see fit.
path is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 8630 times