how to get a judge taken off a case

This is a discussion on how to get a judge taken off a case within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I have had full custody of my child since the day he has been born. His father left when he ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default how to get a judge taken off a case

I have had full custody of my child since the day he has been born. His father left when he was 2 and never had nothing to do with him for 10 years and 2 years ago he decided to come back into his life which i allowed cause i let my son make his choice of what he wanted to do (my son is now 14 yrs old). but everytime i go to court i seem to get nothing and the father gets everyting he wants it has gotten to the point that i have hardly any rights left. The problem i am having is that the judge knows my husbands family and he has never liked them so i think he is holding it against me. i have the most one sided court order and lawyers dont want to take my case cause its so screwed up. i just really dont know what to do anymore i just need help
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: how to get a judge taken off a case

I wish to inform you that generally the procedure of change of judge is governed by the laws of the State where your suit for child custody is going on. However, generally a motion will be filed. In this motion you will request court that your case should be heard by some other judge on the ground that the present judge is not an independent person. In this there are certain disqualifications for a person to act as a judge. In this, generally there is a condition that the judge should not have any interest in the litigation or be related to any party. If the judge knows your husband then you can argue that the knowledge of judge to your husband is acting adversely in your case and you wish to have trial by an independent judge.

AFF

Last edited by AFFA; Mar 26th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.
AFFA is online now   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Unregistered

Can you cite some actual examples of how this judge is being corrupt in his rulings? If he truly is going outside the parameters of the law, you can file a formal complaint against him.

Who has primary custody of the child? You or the child's father?

Old Mar 27th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #4
msg
Top Level Member
msg's Flag is: United States

Very hard to get them removed, just FYI.

Everybody that does not like a ruling wants the judge removed.

And for better or for worse they have great discretion. Often you have to deal with their alleged misconduct on appeal.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
i have had cust

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1884 times