FACING JAIL TIME FOR NON PAYMENT OF CHILD SUPPORT (TEXAS)

This is a discussion on FACING JAIL TIME FOR NON PAYMENT OF CHILD SUPPORT (TEXAS) within the Child Custody & Support forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I LIVE IN TEXAS AND MY EX WHICH IS THE NCP IS POSSIBLY FACING JAIL TIME FOR NON PAYMENT OF ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 01:58 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default FACING JAIL TIME FOR NON PAYMENT OF CHILD SUPPORT (TEXAS)

I LIVE IN TEXAS AND MY EX WHICH IS THE NCP IS POSSIBLY FACING JAIL TIME FOR NON PAYMENT OF CHILD SUPPORT. MY QUESTION IS IF HE GOES TO JAIL DOES THE VISITATION STOP UNTILL HE IS RELEASED OR DO I TAKE OUR TWO YR OLD TO THE JAIL HOUSE TO SEE HIM. OUR ORDER IS SPO. OUR SON IS TWO. PLESE LET ME KNOW THANKS.
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: FACING JAIL TIME FOR NON PAYMENT OF CHILD SUPPORT (TEXAS)

Usually, the custody and visitation order still stands. If he goes to jail, he will still have retained his visitation rights.

Child support and visitation are two totally separate issues, and non-payment, for any reason, does not automatically cut off visitation, and no mother should believe she can do so for that reason.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 04:20 AM   #3
Unregistered

If I were you I would let go this child support thingy and would not get him into jail. I would never want my kids to see or know his father in jail and get a feel of jail/police/court rooms. This does effect the kids and I would never want that in any situation... what image the kids will have when they grow up and realize with different angles that their mother put their father in jail..you may have your own image ruined just for some money issue. Money is nothing than love...

Peace.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 04:30 AM   #4
Unregistered

No, visitation is suspended. He is in jail. Whether it's for cs or another issue makes no difference. And any father that would want his two year old exposed to that is no father.

Remember, he is there by his own doing. In Texas they can only be incarcerated for *willful* failure to pay, meaning he had the money but didn't chose to help support his child with it.

You didn't make this baby alone-make sure he does everything possible to help you raise it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #5
Unregistered

Yes. Let's arbitrarily make up our own "laws" in this country in that a man who fails to pay his child support is placed in a cell next the the Ted Bundy's of the world so that there is no room for another Ted Bundy.

Failure to pay child support is taken so much more seriously than murder, pedophilia, child murder, rape, burglary, or other violent crimes. It's taken more seriously than reneging on a mortgage or credit card or automobile loan.

Having a child is a personal decision, and for many men, that decision was not theirs to make. The "laws" that aren't even constitutional, that violate civil rights, and aren't even on the books as law, are seriously skewed and need to be taken to task.

Old Jan 4th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #6

Angry re: FACING JAIL TIME FOR NON PAYMENT OF CHILD SUPPORT (TEXAS)

i agree with the last comment....there are so many cases that a man is with a woman who tells him she is on birth control so he thinks everything is ok and the next thing he knows she is pregnant.....i do agree that a man should support his children but they really do take it to an extreme with the punishment...

i think a better punishment would be to make them work in a daycare or just have to take care of their own child for a while without any help and maintain the lifestyle that the child deserves and let them see how hard it is and MAYBE that will make them take it more seriously....

It hurts the children way more to have to go without seeing their father..children need both parents not just one...These mothers who want to say THEY raised their kids alone...most of the time that is a choice they make just so they can look like the hero when usually they just make themselves look worse...

But there are so many other people who DESERVE to be in jail...

The courts also let women who are out to hurt their ex abuse the system..and actually hurt the children in the process and let them push every button and take the system and the kindness way to far.....
BamaBrownEyes1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 4th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #7
Top Level Member
130smartchick's Flag is: United States

So I guess men are just base animals who can't make the cause-effect connection of sex=baby?

Every time two people have sex (hetero of course) a baby is a possibility. If you aren't prepared for that possibility, don't have sex. Really simple math.

Then, if you have a baby, and you REFUSE to support it - refuse to help financially support a life you created - after all other methods of enforcement are tried - THEN an arrest warrant is issued.

Because THEN the failure to pay rises to a criminal offense.

And not surprisingly, about 95% of NCP's come up with their release amount within 24 hours. Which means of course the money for that child WAS available.
130smartchick is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #8
Unregistered

You seem to believe that all men who do not pay child support don't do so intentionally. That, my dear, is far from accurate.

Simple math? Yes, it is. If only women remembered math as well. Women are the only gender capable of carrying a baby to term and they are the only gender with any reproduction rights whatsoever. Further, the courts themselves treat men like "base animals" which isn't far from accurate. They take children away from their fathers, believing them incapable of nurturing. They rarely grant full custody for the same reason. They disallow men to have any say in whether a child is even born to the world or not, giving that "right" over to the woman exclusively. They jail men, but not women, for failure to pay child support. They call men "deadbeat dads", which is a form of hate speech. Yes, let's stick it to the men even more when he can't pay his child support. Women wanted equal rights and complained until they got them. Now, even though they have more equality than men, they still want more and they want the old fashioned laws to exist for them as well as new ones. Best of both worlds. I can see why you reacted with such vehemence.

Jail is the wrong place for a person who can barely support himself, let alone anyone else. Failure to pay child support is NOT a CRIMINAL offense. Family court arbitrarily makes it their own criminal offense because the state gets involved (women don't seem to be capable of taking care of their own without assistance from everyone else even though men are fully expected to), and that is why men are jailed. The debt is "owed" to the state. It's all a money game, just like every other aspect in life. Men are not jailed to teach them a lesson about supporting their children, or as a vindication for the mother. They are not jailed for the sake of the woman not receiving child support. They are jailed because they owe the GOVERNMENT money.

Incidentally, did you know that most women who lose custody are ordered by judges NOT to pay child support? Do you think that's fair and balanced?

Family court needs serious changing.

Old Jan 5th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #9
Top Level Member
130smartchick's Flag is: United States

Since your first sentence indicated you failed to read/understand my post I stopped pretty much at your first sentence.

Let me explain to you s-l-o-w-l-y.....

Jail is ONLY an option IF it can be shown that the NCP willfully failed to pay cs. Again, as before, this is not a value judgement on my part, it is the LAW.

So, if it can be shown that the NCP had the resources and assets to pay cs yet STILL CHOSE NOT TO, then the courts see this as rising to criminal non-support and so jail is then on the table.

I can't imagine anyone would disagree that withholding financial support from your own child(ren) is reprehensible.

Women, in the same position, are jailed the same as men.

I also don't know where you get your misinformation, but cs is not money for the state. Check with the dads complaining she uses it all for mani-pedis. It goes to the family.

You need to get that paranoia in check.

Can you sue? Absolutely. Can you win? There's the rub!
130smartchick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 5th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #10
Unregistered

For someone who stopped reading the post at the first sentence, you certainly had a lot to say. It appears you lied about not reading the post in its entirety.

It also appears you are a mother who has used and possibly abused the system to get your way.

And I also don't get where YOU get your information that the state is NOT involved. Why don't you do some research before going off half cocked. The only reason the state can put a "deadbeat dad" in jail is when they are not being paid. Have you worked in the area you speak of? It appears not.

If the state did not get involved in child support issues, no father would ever be put in jail for failure to pay.

Welcome aboard.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
non payment of child support, visitation and child support

This thread has 85 replies and has been viewed 19238 times